Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   Vector Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Vector & Expander Update : Super-Short Edition (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=3620)

jim 06-06-2018 06:41 PM

Vector & Expander Update : Super-Short Edition

I will have a much longer update soon -- crazy busy here ordering parts and verifying hardware. This is just a quick note to let everyone know that I am taking pre-orders, but just via email for now -- the website update is not ready yet. For information on pre-orders for the Vector and Expander, send email to jim (at) five12 (dot) com. I have a few spots left for shipping in early August, the next block after that is September.

Cheers,
Jim

Richie 07-15-2018 02:12 PM

Any updates Jim? Also is there an option to show Voltages instead of note info?

jim 07-17-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie (Post 17026)
Any updates Jim? Also is there an option to show Voltages instead of note info?

Lots going on, but need to crank here a bit more on the firmware before the next update. I can say that basic tuning tables with custom note names will happen either with the initial release, or *very* soon after -- just a couple days of UI tweaks to make it happen. That would allow you to use numeric values instead of note names. There is a limit of 128 distinct output voltages, but from a practical standpoint, that's better (and more accurate) than what you'd get out of a 60 mm slider. Voltage accuracy from these 16 bit DACs is really, really good -- I'm having to upgrade to a much better voltmeter to optimize calibration.

Cheers,
Jim

justin3am 07-17-2018 08:19 PM

I'm totally stoked! I'm gonna end up using all of my vacation days when mine arrives.

jim 07-29-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin3am (Post 17030)
I'm totally stoked! I'm gonna end up using all of my vacation days when mine arrives.

... I just got a proper bench meter for calibrating the Pitch DACs -- they are turning out to be super accurate, generally within a millivolt of target once calibrated.

Cheers,
Jim

ignatius 07-29-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim (Post 17035)
... I just got a proper bench meter for calibrating the Pitch DACs -- they are turning out to be super accurate, generally within a millivolt of target once calibrated.

Cheers,
Jim

nice work!

nikarga 08-06-2018 02:10 AM

Hi Jim, I'd like to pre-order but cant figure out how.

Can you pls send me a link? sparco1@mac.com

Cheers pal.
NK :D

jim 08-15-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikarga (Post 17040)
Hi Jim, I'd like to pre-order but cant figure out how.

Can you pls send me a link? sparco1@mac.com

Cheers pal.
NK :D

Email sent!

Cheers,
Jim

jim 08-15-2018 09:36 PM

Oh, I should also mention: Anyone interested in pre-orders should email me directly for details: Jim (at) five12 (dot) com.

Cheers,
Jim

Robfincher 01-02-2019 12:52 PM

Vector and Launchpad

Hi Jim
Just wondering about how, or even if, the Launchpad works with the Vector.
Robert