Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   Feature Requests (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Native iPad app (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=3331)

leolodreamland 10-01-2016 09:42 AM

Native iPad app

How close is a dedicated iOS version of numerology? I have so been enjoying some of the best sequencers of modern times like fugue machine, patterning, and modstep. Either with AU/IAA plugin stuff or using a usb hub and the camera connection kit to sequence hardware - Since buying numerology tho I just keep having to reach for the Lappy because it is the best thing, and it hurts! It would such be such an intuitive thing to use on a tablet.

zimbo 11-05-2016 11:53 AM

would love that too!

Chevytraveller 12-12-2017 05:42 AM

Yeah.. I would love an iPad version.. Using the iPad more and more since getting the Pro.
Already using a few sequencers but would dearly love Numerology as my main iPad sequencer..

Any chance?..:D

Aramis 12-12-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevytraveller (Post 16636)
Yeah.. I would love an iPad version.. Using the iPad more and more since getting the Pro.
Already using a few sequencers but would dearly love Numerology as my main iPad sequencer..

Any chance?..:D

Of course, I would love an iOS Numerology !
But, I really think it could be a lot of work for Jim to do so!

stubbsonic 12-12-2017 10:26 AM

Native iPad App

Not to be a naysayer, but if I had a choice between the kind of robust support & updates we get with the Mac version, and splitting resources to make an iOS version, I'd prefer to keep the Mac version going THIS strong.

OTOH, if a second revenue stream is something of interest to Jim.

Aramis 12-12-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubbsonic (Post 16639)
Not to be a naysayer, but if I had a choice between the kind of robust support & updates we get with the Mac version, and splitting resources to make an iOS version, I'd prefer to keep the Mac version going THIS strong.

OTOH, if a second revenue stream is something of interest to Jim.

I agree ;-)

PLaine 12-16-2017 04:43 AM

Hi,

While IMO the most important thing is to have stable and usable mac Numerology, I wouldn’t mind having iOS version too.

From time to time I have given an idea about ”Numerology Play”, which might be for iOS but for mac as well. In my opinion it’s reasonable that composing and editing is best done with mac and big screen and all the desktop features along (like the whole file/folder system etc.). But it would be great to play these compositions with an app which is dedicated to playing. With iOS touch screen you could benefit from this interface. Or just hit play and enjoy your patterns...

P.S. In mac this ”Numerology Play” might be of course just a view or mode, not a separate app.

stubbsonic 12-18-2017 09:27 AM

Sounds like you are suggesting removing the editing capability, but not the randomization? Otherwise, just have an stereo audio mixdown.

The question of what features to strip out to make an iOS version is kind of interesting. MIDI only would be an obvious one, as you could play lots of nice external instruments.