Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   Audio Units (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   SoundToys V5 update destroys old projects (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=3108)

jue 10-08-2015 12:22 AM

SoundToys V5 update destroys old projects

Hello,

please be careful with the new SoundToys V5 update:

Upgrading to V5 the version V4 licenses are taken away from your iLok account and your existing work do no more load as it should !

You could not go back by installing the V4 plugins again, they ask for activation and do not load!!!!

Expected that the V5 is working also to work with the V4 version, like cubase does, if you have version 8 you also could work with a older version 5, 6, 7 if needed.

Projects that were made new or old ones that you reworked and saved with V5 are ok when you recall them.

best
jue

jim 10-08-2015 05:36 PM

Wow -- have you contacted SoundToys about this?

Jim

jue 10-08-2015 11:52 PM

Hello,
yes but they do not response beside of the normal company blabla.

Its not only the name problem, because every plugin goes to default now, if several plugins of the same kind are used in a stack they are all loaded with the same preset setting.

Its a problem only for older projects and stacks, new or reworked V5 ones are working.

The V5 license does not allow the use of the V4 plugins and so I am not able to look at the data on a different computer.

In my eyes that the V5 license does not include the V4 license is more than poor!

Very annoying for me is that it seems they warned their customers that got a free update while the ones who had to pay did not get any explicit warning before upgrading. Who will spend money if he knows he lost all his old work?

best
jue

jue 10-08-2015 11:58 PM

Btw Numerology is a unsupported host for them?

Offered them years ago to beta test their plugins here in Numerology but the even do not response to my mail.

Was asking them for nothing because I payed for the bundle long before.

just wanted to let you know

jim 10-09-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jue (Post 14537)
Btw Numerology is a unsupported host for them?

They've never contacted me, so I would assume so -- but also I don't recall any support issues related to their plugins...

Jim

Per Boysen 10-10-2015 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jue (Post 14534)
Hello,

please be careful with the new SoundToys V5 update:

Upgrading to V5 the version V4 licenses are taken away from your iLok account and your existing work do no more load as it should!

Thank you for the warning! Time to not update then I guess :-)

Version 4 is fine for me and I like having my licenses on the iLok. If reading the v 5 info there doesn't seem to be much new to it. Since it is not mentioned I guess the bug in EchoBoy that I really suffer from is still there: if you assign external MIDI CC# control to both Input Level and Delay Feedback and work them instantly - as when freezing audio with a cross-fade assigned pedal - EchoBoy will crash the host within minutes. I emailed them about this years ago and got a great reply from one of their developers that said they are aware of the issue but lacking the time needed for fixing it.

I didn't like the upgrade from v3 to v4 either because they totally changed the way patches are saved and recalled. In v3 plugins were using the general AU or VST system so that you could store and recall patches from the host's system. But with v4 you have to open the plugin GUI and go through the SoundToys user interface to handle you patches library. So in fact I would rather prefer to going back to v3, if that was possible.

jue 10-10-2015 09:21 AM

Hello happy Per,

not upgrading saves you a lot of time and frustration !!

Will keep you informed when I see some light in the darknes,

Reading between the lines it seems they want to force their professional customers to keep the V4 and buy a full new V5, a real "clever" marketing.

For me the reuse of my self build Numerology Generators is very important, so I had to go thru and renew all Soundtoys settings again.
I did not make presets for each time I use one of the plugins, I just saved the stack and this seems to be a very big mistake.
And I used several similar Plugins like four Echoboys in one stack...
Now I have to make four different presets for this, the V5 loads them correct just with the name going to Default....
Then you have to resave again each preset with a new name ....

Now its up to you...

best
jue

But I have to say that the new V5 Presets are working and the delay times up to 15 or 20 seconds of some of the plugins are real great.

m5tevens 10-10-2015 09:46 AM

Wow, so glad I only use a grand total of one plugin from these guys. Thanks for the info.

jue 10-19-2015 01:45 AM

Hello,

after some days recreating some of my most needed projects and stacks I have to say that not every setting is possible to recreate in V5, they changed the analog / digital settings from V4 to V5 that it sounds different to my ears!
I am not one that hears the gras growing but, if you make a A/B comparison between V4 and V5 tracks you can hear it!

best
jue

jue 06-08-2016 09:13 AM

Hello,

with their latest update they did it again, changed things in their plugins that change sounding and even declare this at their web side.
No more words about this professional company from my side!
Speechless!

best
jue

PS: Still reworking my stacks from the V4 to V5 update