View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:54 AM

Default The Time stack with Signal Panel Effects bypass panel.

Early on in my Numerology learning experience I started building big projects with many Voices/Sequencers.

One thing that seemed time consuming and anti creative with this setup was fine tuning the time relationships between the different Voices/Sequencers. I soon discovered with Jim Cokers help a method for getting central control of both the project wide tempo, and the individual sequencers from just 2 Fader boxes routed into 8 paramod with destinations main clock on the Clock stack and the Clock Divisions for the 12 mono notes in the project. Now it's a breeze to just grab a fader in the Time stack and adjust timing, very conductor like....

It can be hard too see what Clk Div is reached by the position on the fader so within the Time stack I’ve included a Gate sequencer controllded by the left most Fader in so I can see what Clkdivion a position on the Fader calls up.

Also in the Time stack to help me zero in on the correct voice/sequencer when tweaking I have made a dummy panel of 6x2 CV inputs These correspond to the 12 CV trigger outputs. This is great to have also for project wide signal confirmaion of what voices are active.

Finally because timing and effects especially delays are so tightly related I've made an effects bypass panel using 3 button boxes routed to the bypass parameters on my AU effects for example the u-he Uhbiks. An added tweak to this is when an AU effect doesn’t have a bypass parameter I've set up a workaround in the Effects Stacks where I route the dry signal output from the synth send bus into input one and the Wet output from the effect into input two of a 2 into 1 audio switch. To control this switch from my Button box n the Time stack I've set up the corresponding button on the Bypass panels as follows: CV output---->Ternary op, if true=2 if false=1-->paramod, destination-->Audios Switch, parameter-->Switch value. Now on pressing the Button the signal switches between the wet/On gold or the dry signal/off further on the effects stack this switches output gets patched into the effects returns busses output mixer.

So the Time stack is the Time central, the effects bypass central and can be used as a Trigger signal overview panel. I speculate if I should merge the Time stack with the project wide Clock stack to save space...On that noteI notice that sequencers on the Clock stack do not show up on the Launchpad...

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 07-21-2012 at 01:08 AM.