Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 PM

I could really use this! I don't think it duplicates Live functionality at all. I'd like to use it for generative audio, which maybe some could be accomplished with Live's follow actions, but I don't like using Live very much! Numerology's routing is vastly easier for me to work with, not to mention the modulation possibilities. Honestly, I'd pay extra. I just spent an hour trying to get something working in Live without success.

Baring that, maybe someone could recommend a simple sampler that records a fixed length that is automatable as well as automatable start, end, volume and pitch controls?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahs View Post
I could really use this! I don't think it duplicates Live functionality at all. I'd like to use it for generative audio, which maybe some could be accomplished with Live's follow actions, but I don't like using Live very much! Numerology's routing is vastly easier for me to work with, not to mention the modulation possibilities. Honestly, I'd pay extra. I just spent an hour trying to get something working in Live without success.

Baring that, maybe someone could recommend a simple sampler that records a fixed length that is automatable as well as automatable start, end, volume and pitch controls?
Funny I seem to see a sampler in the modules list under Audio synths.. It has the automatable start, end, volume and pitch controls.. I have set up a work flow under tips and tricks, "Getting and Keeping an overview"..

Record output from main mix or stack. The new "sample" appears on stop in the media folder "Recordings" of the current project. I set a Alias of that folder on the places menu in the finder, click on so the folders window so the files are visible. Have the Numerology sampler stack and instrument open. Drag the sample from the finder into the instrument. Done! adjust end points if necessary.

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 10-10-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:

<intentional misquote>...careful what you ax for eugene...</intentional misquote>
Old 10-10-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
<intentional misquote>...careful what you ax for eugene...</intentional misquote>
I'm not 100% sure how to take this. I hope it's good, as the audio switch already rocked my audio processing world, maybe this would be too awesome But sorry if this was a bad subject to bring up.

Never really listened to much Pink Floyd. Listening a live version of that song now and and I really like what they do with the vocal processing (feedback?) and distortion combined!

@TwoToneshuzz
I greatly appreciate the Numerology sampler, and I resample like crazy now (I'll go check out your post), but I could get much more complex results, much, much more quickly by chaining samplers that could record into each other with multiple modulations along the way. Plus, I could parallel process by running multiple chains at once.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
@TwoToneshuzz
I greatly appreciate the Numerology sampler, and I resample like crazy now (I'll go check out your post), but I could get much more complex results, much, much more quickly by chaining samplers that could record into each other with multiple modulations along the way. Plus, I could parallel process by running multiple chains at once.
Well sounds awesome and it would sound awesome.

I'm struggling alot to make the interface to various things,. So it's hard work but it pays off to try and get smaller building blocks to work..

My Resample ideas, shoves a single step into you equation. but it would be doable, if you could keep a seperate monitor, while you were quickly adjusting the loop.

I have this idea if you could use Keyboard Maestro. It has a timed mode so you could set it to start recording at a time triggered by a midi note, a punch in punch out gate at least so you could start with a sample that falls into predetermined time frame.

Then you would maybe lose one bar of time loading it into a sampler that's already recieving a trigger input from a gate.. So it's doable at least for trying some ideas out.

Get it out of your system boy! Resampling like that in Maschine is possible already now. But Mashine ain't no Numerology.

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 10-10-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure how to take this. I hope it's good, as the audio switch already rocked my audio processing world, maybe this would be too awesome But sorry if this was a bad subject to bring up.
It's not a bad subject at all... and don't try to read *too* much into the floyd reference, but there are some interesting things brewing that I haven't announced yet.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-10-2011, 10:42 PM

*salivates*

in the meantime, you can get interesting live looping results using the (free) superlooper au inside numerology...

http://www.essej.net/sooperlooper/
Old 10-11-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean View Post
*salivates*

in the meantime, you can get interesting live looping results using the (free) superlooper au inside numerology...

http://www.essej.net/sooperlooper/
That was a nice link. Thanks..

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 10-11-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:07 PM

Hehe, just pinging this one.

In the meantime, I bought an Octatrack. Like I said I was willing to pay for it!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Hehe, just pinging this one.

In the meantime, I bought an Octatrack. Like I said I was willing to pay for it!
Good luck with your new tool. That seems like it should be doable in software as well. But hardware for live use can't be beat that's for sure..

Maybe I'll pick up one used in a few years!!

Regards

Wade