Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 11-11-2017, 02:42 PM

Default Trigger sequences from logic?

Hi!

I'm messing around with this demo and after watching the tutorials, I'm really loving it. This is exactly what I've wanted to add to Logic for the whole 10yrs I've been using it!

Anyway my question is about using it as a midi plugin in logic. Is there a way I can use Numerology as a step sequencer? Sounds silly I know but what I want is to be able to trigger Numerology sequences with logic's sequenced midi notes, basically as one would with a hardware groove style sequencer. Is this possible? Would it also be possible for midi note input to transpose sequences?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 08:28 AM

Nothing? I mean... It DID say no question was too silly

May sound odd, but this is kind of a big deal for me.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBARd View Post
Hi!

I'm messing around with this demo and after watching the tutorials, I'm really loving it. This is exactly what I've wanted to add to Logic for the whole 10yrs I've been using it!

Anyway my question is about using it as a midi plugin in logic. Is there a way I can use Numerology as a step sequencer? Sounds silly I know but what I want is to be able to trigger Numerology sequences with logic's sequenced midi notes, basically as one would with a hardware groove style sequencer. Is this possible? Would it also be possible for midi note input to transpose sequences?

Thanks!
Hi, I do not see why not
I think that people hesitate to comment here if they have not done it.
My preferred DAW is Digital Performer so I cannot confirm for Logic
So, anything you describe is possible with Numerology as plugin basically.
I do not use the demo but can't you try it in Logic with the demo ?
Have a good day
Old 11-21-2017, 12:25 AM

Thanks so much for the reply!

I actually found in the demo where he does key triggering and it looks very exciting.

HOWEVER, when I try to do this in Logic as a midi plugin, which is all I really actually want out of Numerology, it doesn't work.

Whats encouraging is that the indicator is lighting up, and I'm able to both live record into the modules, AND transpose! YET still, the presets aren't responding to midi keys. Ive double checked midi channels and they're all congruent.

I'm afraid with my particular workflow, I'm at a roadblock here

Anyone else ever been able to key trigger presets or had issues with this?
Old 11-21-2017, 12:58 AM

Default (((solved)))

Hmmm... It must have been something I was doing. I had a DAW crash when switching from manually key assigned presets to turning on auto assigned presets in stack settings. After the crash & reopening, everything works fine.

I HAVE found an idiosyncracy though. when you have pitch transpose on, it still transposes to that pitch even when you have a preset assigned to that pitch. I think I can work around it by splitting my midi controller and recording two separate tracks in logic but the smart thing would be for it to override pitch shifting on keys being used by triggering.

Anyway, this discovery has provided me with what I need to know to be able to consider the case closed.

THANKS!
Old 11-22-2017, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBARd View Post
I HAVE found an idiosyncracy though. when you have pitch transpose on, it still transposes to that pitch even when you have a preset assigned to that pitch. I think I can work around it by splitting my midi controller and recording two separate tracks in logic but the smart thing would be for it to override pitch shifting on keys being used by triggering.
Try using a NoteFilter before the MonoNote -- it will let you filter out notes used for triggering presets. You'll have to manually tweak the routing, but it should be pretty straightforward.

Jim