Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 06-30-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
Can't remember exactly how but yes it's possible, I've done it before with Num. Just sync the several instances with MTC and it'll all be fine.
You just need to find the Terminal command to launch apps. Et voilą.
But does it use another core for the second instance ?
Old 06-30-2016, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifaka View Post
But does it use another core for the second instance ?
Yes, each app runs as a separate process -- you can check it in /Apps/Utilities/Activity Monitor

Jim
Old 05-16-2017, 12:23 PM

I thought I'd bump an old thread rather than creating a new one. Any news re: multi-core/threading Jim?
I know how busy you are, so I'm not being pushy here, but gosh I can't wait for Num to be able to handle some CPU demanding sessions. Add some basic audio playback abilities and editable/drawable automations and I won't need another DAW any longer
Old 05-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I thought I'd bump an old thread rather than creating a new one. Any news re: multi-core/threading Jim?
I have a few more tweaks for the Performance Controller -- specifically drum sequencer support, then multi-core will be at the top of the feature list. I have a design and a partial implementation waiting to be activated and tested.

Quote:
I know how busy you are, so I'm not being pushy here, but gosh I can't wait for Num to be able to handle some CPU demanding sessions. Add some basic audio playback abilities and editable/drawable automations and I won't need another DAW any longer
Feel free to push! (the verb, at least, lol...) -- And yes, proper audio tracks would be nice!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 05-17-2017, 01:48 AM

Fantastic!!
Old 05-27-2017, 04:51 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I have a few more tweaks for the Performance Controller -- specifically drum sequencer support, then multi-core will be at the top of the feature list. I have a design and a partial implementation waiting to be activated and tested.

Feel free to push! (the verb, at least, lol...) -- And yes, proper audio tracks would be nice!

Cheers,
Jim
Each morning, I pray the lord to give Jim more time and stamina dedicated to coding multi-core . ;-)
Old 10-30-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, each app runs as a separate process -- you can check it in /Apps/Utilities/Activity Monitor
Is this approach documented somewhere? I tried to set up two instances of Numerology and have them talk to each other using MTC but I am currently rather stuck.

I have set up IAC on the Mac, thinking that that would be the way to go. Still no sync between the two instances I launched.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post
Is this approach documented somewhere?
Not that I know of. Here is the cliff notes version:

- Start two Terminal windows.

- Run this command in each to start Numerology:

/Applications/"Numerology4 Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Numerology4 Pro"

- Set one instance to transmit MIDI Clock on an IAC bus -- MTC should work also, but MTC does not adjust for tempo.

- Set the other instance to sync to MIDI Clock on that same IAC bus. Be sure to turn on the sync button in the transport.

- If you want to send MIDI from one instance to the other, I recommend using a different IAC bus to keep the data rate under control.

- Also: make sure logging (In N4's Prefs) is turned OFF.

- And: If you are going to be running any other audio apps, un-install N4's ReWire driver (in Prefs / Install ), to avoid accidentally starting in ReWire mode.

Caveats: I haven't tested this setup much at all. External controllers that are configured via the Controller Setup dialog will not work properly.

Jim
Old 11-01-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
- Run this command in each to start Numerology:

/Applications/"Numerology4 Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Numerology4 Pro"
I read (and used) the following to launch several instances:
open -n /Applications/Numerology4\ Pro.app/
Since I only tried Google and am not as proficient with the mac as you: is there a difference between the two ways of launching? Just curious.