Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 06-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Numerologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Hmmm, it could possibly fit on the Seq Ctl page, but I'd have to limit it to 8 values... any suggestions?

Cheers,
Jim
+1 for this great idea, thanks Jengel.

No sync; 8, 16 and 32 are the values I most commonly use but I think I migh use it differently if hard sync control was implemented on launchpad.

My fairly obvious little personal daydream after reading this suggestion was of being able to switch sync off from the launchpad, mess things up completely with seq length/rate/whatever and then bring it back into line whenever I felt like it.

So... for me it would probably be most useful to have access to the no sync option and then options likely suit whatever time signature I happen to be working in at a given time and then a couple of longer values for setting and forgetting (I would go for 16 and 32 ).

FWIW - in order my most common time signatures are 4,3,6,7,5

Cheers,
Nick
Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Could someone with graphic design skills whip up a file to use at style flip?(it's a site that lets you print vinyl stickers for stuff like launchpad, mpc, etc.) I don't have the tools to do a good job cutting up the cheat sheet myself. Numerology gray might look nice!

http://www.styleflip.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=322
Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahs View Post
Could someone with graphic design skills whip up a file to use at style flip?(it's a site that lets you print vinyl stickers for stuff like launchpad, mpc, etc.) I don't have the tools to do a good job cutting up the cheat sheet myself. Numerology gray might look nice!

http://www.styleflip.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=322
Hmm, very interesting... it will be a while before I can look at it seriously, but I'll definitely look into it more. (And I'm hoping they have some template files, the online editor is really fiddly...) FYI: I'm happy to send over the photoshop masters for the current label set for anyone interested.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-20-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Hmm, very interesting... it will be a while before I can look at it seriously, but I'll definitely look into it more. (And I'm hoping they have some template files, the online editor is really fiddly...) FYI: I'm happy to send over the photoshop masters for the current label set for anyone interested.

Cheers,
Jim
Do you have a PS file formatted to the dimensions of the top of the LP? I guess I could get out a tape measure.

I emailed style flip and they said I could email them a map and they'd send me a proof back. (they didn't mention additional cost, hopefully free or nominal)

I'm slowly working on roughing out ideas, but again my graphic design skills are lacking.

I think to improve usability more text should be on the layout. I asked them about this as well and they said it was difficult to add text between the buttons, but readable.

Looking at the cheat sheet, I think the info on the left hand side of the SEQ CTL and CHORD SEQ should be displayed. The step length on the right side of the SEQ CTL too. The rate, direction and key info from the SEQ CTL would be handy and so would the chord info, but it would be tight to squeeze that between the rows. It would be nice to have the key showing what a color corresponds to as well.

What other things would people find helpful to see?

My concern is that the launchpad usage isn't finalized yet and if any big changes are coming it would be best to wait.

Assuming the quality is decent I'd certainly be interested in paying a bit more for something like this. If others are interested too and we could come up with something, maybe we could organize a group-buy? I wonder if we could even get them to make stickers to go over the top of the buttons themselves and would they even stick?
Old 08-20-2011, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahs View Post

Assuming the quality is decent I'd certainly be interested in paying a bit more for something like this. If others are interested too and we could come up with something, maybe we could organize a group-buy? I wonder if we could even get them to make stickers to go over the top of the buttons themselves and would they even stick?
+1
If this happens count on me
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 01-09-2012, 04:21 PM

Gotta report on a custom Numerology StyleFlip skin for the LaunchPad....

I had one made and received it today. The design was the basic "sticker" layout that Jim made on a black back round. It's basically a big vinyl sticker. While the design came "ok", the cutout pattern (the holes) was off bigtime. I ended up taking the faceplate off the LP and trimming back some of the vinyl with an exacto knife. The dimensions were all off. The editing buttons being the worst offenders. I managed to get it on and it looks alright, but that was after some heavy modifying. Even the graphics were slightly off. The little dots that indicate which editing functions all are different colors. For the cost of one of these things I'd stick with(no pun intended) the label paper route. Live and Learn.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF3 View Post
Gotta report on a custom Numerology StyleFlip skin for the LaunchPad....

I had one made and received it today. The design was the basic "sticker" layout that Jim made on a black back round. It's basically a big vinyl sticker. While the design came "ok", the cutout pattern (the holes) was off bigtime. I ended up taking the faceplate off the LP and trimming back some of the vinyl with an exacto knife. The dimensions were all off. The editing buttons being the worst offenders. I managed to get it on and it looks alright, but that was after some heavy modifying. Even the graphics were slightly off. The little dots that indicate which editing functions all are different colors. For the cost of one of these things I'd stick with(no pun intended) the label paper route. Live and Learn.
Thanks much for the report... How about the sticker itself -- do you think it will be easily/cleanly removable? Would it have been easier to order a set of rectangular stickers that match the templates and then hand-align those? The paper labels are easy, but they show wear pretty quickly -- esp. the corners.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM

Hi Jim,

The actual vinyl sticker seems durable enough and fairly easy to remove. Cleaning wouldn't be a problem. Somebody definitely needs to do a new Launchpad template. As I said the "holes" were way off in spots. I couldn't see that as being all that hard. To make it easier you could do away with the "grid" and just make a big square where that is(if you follow). Altogether the quality is pretty good. The price needs to come way down and the shipping was a little on the pricey side. Hopefully somebody with better Illustrator skills has a go at it

ps. I totally agree about the "paper stickers", they're functional... but they get funky quick.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 AM

Default Is this thread generally launchpad or?

I wonder if this has devolved into a stickers and glue thread or do we also post our launchpad experiences here?

I made my own stickers and used skotchtape to affix them to my launchpad. Shiny durable cheap. Hard to read though. If I had my way to design them I'd do dark letters on a very light background.

Phrankely I don't have much use for stickers after working with the launchpad off and on for a year or so I basically remember where the functions I need are.

If it was much more complicated then I think perhaps a more useful setup would be to have a HUD, "Heads up display" That showed the active stack and what the controls do a slick way to get oriented. For now you could just make a multipage PDF, with graphics and labels that you could have open on an extra corner of the screen.

Again I'm well acquainted with what everything does, so I don't need these aids.

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 01-21-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Yeah, CF3 thanks for taking the risk. It's pretty disappointing that the quality was so poor and they didn't tell you before making it and sending it out. I never made any layout I was satisfied with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
I wonder if this has devolved into a stickers and glue thread or do we also post our launchpad experiences here?
Heh, well my experience has been that it's hard for me to remember and I need an aid.

I think part of the difficulty I have has to do with the fact that I generally spend more time setting things up and then letting them take their course.

Towards that end I'd get a kick out of the ability to add modules with the launchpad. Maybe one mode to wire them to the bottom and one to the top. I bet if that was possible I'd have everything memorized in a week or so.

I would really like a mode to stop the computer screen from following some of the actions. The preset manager button is the one that really gets me. More often than not I want to keep working on the stack rather than check out the mixer page.

On the other hand, I really like how switching stacks changes the computer screen.

I'd love to see dup, snap and delete preset buttons added to the lauchpad eventually.

These aren't really feature requests per se, they're just the easiest way for me to illustrate where I get hung up, I guess....

Overall, I think it's great and a valuable addition, but I still see the launchpad as an awesome supplement to a keyboard and mouse, not a replacement.