Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Numerology 3 News

Old 08-03-2010, 04:37 PM

Default Buying Numerology 3

Hello everybody!

I got really excited about numerology a while back when tested it out and
now that i'm upgrading my setup at home i would like to buy the precious thing to myself. I checked the store and everything seems to be in order but it struck me as a little odd that i didn't get any info about what that "preview" version actually meant. It costs as much as the real deal and i thought: can i upgrade it to the actual released program when it comes out without more costs?

I know this sounds a little stupid but i just want to be sure how Jim has planned it out.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 PM

the store page shows 3 items, the third being a N2 > N3 upgrade price.

edit: re-reading what you wrote, i think the PR is just there until the final version is released. i am sure the auth code you get will work with the final version when it is released. someone please correct me if you know otherwise...

Last edited by amoeba; 08-03-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 PM

Yes, it entitles you to the full app and some AU plugins as well, at a $15 early bird discount even. So no further costs at all if you buy now.

Btw, welcome Oliver!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Administrator

The idea behind the "preview release" is that instead of making everyone wait until absolutely everything is done, or releasing a series of half-baked beta releases, I'm splitting things into a series of smaller releases. In each case all the features present are either fully complete, or complete enough to be truly usable, and that each release goes through a thorough test cycle before it goes public. The biggest difference with a full release is that "packaging" things like the doc and promo videos are delayed, and I don't send out any press releases.

To directly answer your question: When you buy either the full license or the upgrade, that is the real deal -- as each release is put up, your same serial number(s) will work.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Thanks for the answers guys and i just want to state that i'm happy to be here.
Numerology is by far one of the best things i have run into as a musician/composer.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Administrator

You're most welcome! If you run into something you need, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-29-2010, 10:59 AM

Default Wha.. hey, should I get it now!?Thinking out loud

I was just checking the Numerology store and noticed the upgrade to N3 pro is for sale. Seeing that I'm on a something of a buying spree in august, I can see I might have overlooked a most important item on my shopping list. So far I've bought;

String Studio, entangled species bank 39$
Tassman monster modular summer sale 100$ worth it just for the sound design!

Creamaxx ICY DOCK 2 disk firewire 800 raid enclosure 250$ on it's way, lousy waiting waiting...

4Gb ram 100$

Logic Express 150$

Novation Launchpad 160$ lightly used.

Novation Nocturn 100$ new. cheapest price I could find was at my local musikshop here in Copenhagen.

And here's Jim Coker's Numerology without a single buck coming his way. Now that doesn't seem right, sensible or even safe, seeing as how all this other stuff sits in his Numerology wagon...

Question, is it better to wait until final release, or is it prudent to grease the wheels on this N3pro wagon now? Does it do enough more useful things as of Sept 2010 to make a buy now actuation seem like a good idea or will I feel I should have waited until the whole thing is nicely packaged with documentation and so on?

Decisions Decisions.

Best Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 08-29-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:49 AM

Default I just bought the upgrade!

I just went ahead and bought the upgrade to N3pro. First look it's sleeker, than N2, and the text is more legible against darker background. I really like the new ballistics on the meters. They behave very well, as that was something I noted wasn't working too smoothly in good ol' N2..

Now about the Documentation any pointers as to where to look for finding out whats new in N3pro?

Best Regards

Wade
Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 PM

Default Std vs Pro

It would be helpful to have a feature comparison list between Standard and Pro Editions, preferably on the first page of the website. I still haven't found this information after a few minutes looking...
Old 02-15-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphanius View Post
I still haven't found this information after a few minutes looking...
Me neither

Have you downloaded the demo? If you read through the PDF manual you'll find it lists "Pro" next to the explanations of different modules. On the one hand that isn't a quick guide to the difference, but on the other it will give you an idea of exactly what you could do with the Pro features and whether they are worth the upgrade.