Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Numerology 3 News

Old 04-09-2011, 09:45 PM

Default N3 AU: Well done, Jim!

It's been a while since I've dropped in here because I've realised I don't have enough time to keep up with forums, blogs, work, real life and making music. So, first up, while I'm back to ask a question I'd just like to say to Jim "Well done!" for the AU plugin in Numerology. It's not something I've used much yet, and I know official support is only for the major hosts, but I dropped it into Bidule, connected up the MIDI out on N3 AU plugin to a MIDI synth and it just worked. No mucking about with virtual MIDI devices or whatever you need to do in other hosts; just a direct connection.

I recall in some other developer quarters there is some reluctance to use that part of the AU spec since Logic doesn't support it, but it seems to work neatly. Well done, too, to the Bidule developers for supporting MIDI out in AUs.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 AM

How is midi timing and latency for you ?

Curious...

Best,

Rob.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
How is midi timing and latency for you ?
TBH, I haven't used it enough to comment. I was just impressed that the direct MIDI out worked at all, since Jim (quite rightly) wants to focus on supporting interoperability with the mainstream DAWs first, and working with funky modular hosts (like Bidule) is a bonus.