Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Numerology 3 News

Old 04-30-2011, 09:32 AM

Default Rewire overloads

Numerology rewire outs max my CPU(Mac Quad Core/Logic9) Any way to distribute the load so I can use this feature? It could be the Spectrasonics things I am using in Numerology but it seems to do it with"simpler" inputs.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Numerologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tao View Post
Numerology rewire outs max my CPU(Mac Quad Core/Logic9) Any way to distribute the load so I can use this feature? It could be the Spectrasonics things I am using in Numerology but it seems to do it with"simpler" inputs.

Thanks
It most likely is the Spectrasonics "things" as Numerology by itself is very resource efficient since it's only a sequencer, and not a virtual instrument.

The load on the CPU's should be the same for Numerology hosting the Spectrasonics as when Logic hosts the plugins.

I would host the virtual instruments in Logic, and rewire just the sequencers & modulation from Numerology.

Does that make a difference on the CPU load?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Numerologist

Oh, and this thread should probably be moved over to "general questions".
Old 08-18-2011, 05:25 AM

I think it's because of the way Logic deals with Rewire (which is allocated to one single core of your CPU according to Logic CPU meter) and more generally the way Logic deals with multicore CPUs, hence some weird CPU overloads sometimes.
I often had the same kind of issues with Reason rewired to Logic. Now I've switched to Reaper and it runs damn smooth. It might be because of its different audio code ?

On the same note, I've found that exactly the same N3 project (quite a heavy one, with several Madrona Labs Aalto synths running, and Aalto sounds damn good but requires loads of CPU) with the same audio settings will use much more CPU in stand alone than rewired in Reaper. Is it normal ?