Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Numerology 3 News

Old 07-22-2010, 08:03 PM

Default OSC out?

Hi there, I'm really excited about the osc support that's coming in v3, I have a couple questions though:
will osc support extend beyond mapping controls? I.e. Could you record it?
Also will there be a way to output osc? I'd dying to have a proper sequencer that can output osc! I do a lot of osc controlled visuals, and have been searching for a sequencing solution for ages!

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by additv View Post
Hi there, I'm really excited about the osc support that's coming in v3, I have a couple questions though:
will osc support extend beyond mapping controls? I.e. Could you record it?
You can't record OSC directly, but you could use a FaderBox and NRPN Gen to convert OSC controllers to high-res MIDI control messages and record those. Of course, that doesn't solve the playback issue...

Quote:
Also will there be a way to output osc? I'd dying to have a proper sequencer that can output osc! I do a lot of osc controlled visuals, and have been searching for a sequencing solution for ages!
An OSC generator module is on my list -- for exactly that reason. And hopefully the OSC implementation in Quartz Composer is better than its MIDI implementation...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-27-2010, 08:17 AM

Great, I'd be very excited to see OSC out! I don't use quartz composer, but I know processing has a full osc implementation. If you need help testing I'd be happy to.
Do you think this might be a feature for the final version of 3, or for a later version?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Great, I'd be very excited to see OSC out! I don't use quartz composer, but I know processing has a full osc implementation. If you need help testing I'd be happy to.
Do you think this might be a feature for the final version of 3, or for a later version?
The OSC Gen will be in the final version. I'd like to also do an "OSC To CV" module of some sort also, of course...

Ltr,
Jim
Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 AM

Default OSC output

Any news on the OSC output module? I really would like to use my Kyma system with Numerology and OSC without the "MIDI over OSC" bridge solutions i currently use.
cheers
anscorm