Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > File Exchange > Audio Samples

Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 AM

Default Sampler basic Waveforms make a synth?

I was thinking of doing a project where I only use Numerology with all it's built tools the sampler, the drumsampler and the audio processing modules as the sole sound generators.

The project idea is basically to work out a way to just minimalize my whole way of working . Need a sound, grap a simple waveform, then use all of numrologies tools to create my own modulations and filtering.

I thought to help get the ball rolling I'd buy the Galbanum waveforms 30$ for more than a thousand super duper better than everyone else's shabby tiny ear gas, they offer quite simply gleaming gobs of sonic waveform goodness.

The project might seem more fun if I started with a pro level waveform bank.. Or am I just suffering for gear lust again. IS there' stuff out there that's just as good for this purpose (waveforms) and free to boot!!

Should I buy this: http://www.galbanum.com/products/arc...ure-universal/

Or should I sit on my hands and dig up the free stuff ? I want to have a running start on this...Learning curve bending my brain, my many bosses are wondering where the hell is the beef!!?

I could generate waveforms using my own existing synths too so whats the deal why doesn't everybody just generate their own waveforms?

Help this dummy! He's going off the edge..... boink bang rattle crash....

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 09-21-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Numerologist

hello,

have a look here:

http://five12.net/showthread.php?t=354

best
jue
Old 09-21-2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post

I could generate waveforms using my own existing synths too so whats the deal why doesn't everybody just generate their own waveforms?

Help this dummy! He's going off the edge..... boink bang rattle crash....

Wade
i don't work much with sample but when i do it i'm extract it from my audio material or go on free sample bank
I use Audacity to prepare the sample but real i do a simple editing work so i don't know how is tricky do it a "pro" mode..
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 09-21-2011, 04:53 AM

Default Thanks jue! Diego there something in it thats hard

Thanks for the waveforms Jue. I'll work with these for starters.. But I'm still fascinated by the Galbanum set..

Diego. apparently if you want to use samples as oscillators there are important considerations to take into account; the cleaness of the clip, the partials; the symmetry..or asymmery, Waveforms like this are basic building blocks that can turn any sampler into a an oscillator..

Waveform based oscillators save the CPU from doing the math that VA synths engines have to do before all the filtering and modulations starts. Also these waveforms can have harmonic content that are difficult to emulate in a soft synth... After your Waveform oscillator you would then just use Numerologies samplers own lfo and envelopes plus all of the in the rest of the programs cool Lfos, envelopes to turn the sound into an instrument or sound bed maybe just add a one super filter for final shaping. I have filterscape for this if I want to break my numerology rule. But numerology also now comes with a multimode filter also there is one built into the sampler.. Basically this sampler idea is a experiment a stop on the way to turn Numerology into a META synth/sequencer enviroment when sound creation stops being divided up into boxes.. It's the trip man!!

Finally the main reason that I want to use the waveforms is I don't want to use time figuring out how to map multisamples in an elegant fashion with the rather limited for this purpose built in sampler.

Waveform oscillators mean that you don't have to map multiple samples to cover the whole keyboard range as they transpose without any artifacts but perhaps with a limited range of 2 or 3 octaves

New territory..

This would be a good day to delve...

WADE

oh boy!

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 09-21-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 AM

Default I've tried some of the waveforms

I've been working with some of the waveforms

Great material! Thanks again jue!

This is much faster to work with than my softsynths as I already am pretty familiar with the Numerology way of doing things so I can take what I know and put it to work right away with working with sound design.

At first I was getting some crackles so I fooled around and found that I was clipping the output. So now I know that I have to watch out for that. Perhaps we need a limiter and a peakmeter module for this kind of work.. Feature lust sets in!

Thanks again for the enormous sample resource, jue it looks great..

I don't doubt it represents a huge effort on your part.. I wonder if I couldn't start tagging the waveforms as I go through them somehow. I could rate them, and catergorize them under their main timbral qualities.. Now the program for doing that sort of thing, is there a little app for tagging audio out there thatĘs cheap or free?
Old 09-22-2011, 05:21 AM

Default I did it bought the Galbanum waveform set!

I bought the updated galbanum waveform set.

39$ for 25000 waveforms..

I was using jues. they are excellent .

I need some kind of documentation of what the various waves can be used for..

So looking at the Galbanum offering i could see there's quite a good hieracal folder organisation of the waveforms and some detailed naming plus description of usage applications.

Interesting times.. Samplers become synths.

Great sound quality from these waves.. bright, detailed.. But if you build up complex modulations with several lfo's enveolopes and such I don't think it's going to bring any Great CPU savings..

Wade
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM

Default Sound example!

A sound example from my new super set up with Numerology samplers as main sound source.

The waves used are from jues set and the Galbanum "Structure" set 2010.

Somehow Maschine, my little robot pushed his way into the party, as well as mr Filterscape, ya him with the weird hairdo.. and finally that d.. viking reverb guy Valhalla Room..

Please don't step on my robots toes!

ę 2011 Wade Mattson

http://www.box.net/shared/9yvb4b3v2ex4cz4etl4d