Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Integration

Old 02-17-2013, 05:24 PM

Default Multirecord multi Au no joy

I'm trying to record 4 Numerology AU's midi output to four instrument tracks. Nothing get's recorded but I can hear the audio.

Okay I've got multi record audio to work using the enviroment I sent midi from the Numerology AU's to my Software Instrument tracks, then created four audio tracks and routed the audio out from my instrument tracks through the busses. Record enabled only the audio tracks and it worked. Logic enviroment forgets my Numerology AU's patching so perhaps I'll have to setup IAC busses for this job. Seems like a cludge though.

I've not yet gotten the midi to record on the Software instrument tracks nor on the Numerology AU's instrument tracks so this much needed function still escapes me..

I'm using the Enviroment to hook all of this up..

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-18-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 AM

I looked at Brunos video on setting up the Numerology AU to record midi in Logic, but cannot get it to work as he does. The step where he cmd clicks on the instrument out arrow in the enviroment does not get me into any drop down where he chooses the instrument track he want's to send to. I have of course already setup my instrument tracks in the Arrange view.

His technique seems needlessly complicated when a simple channel splitter in the mix view gets you to the same result.

What's vexing me is I have 3 tracks now, a Numerolopgy AU instrument track, a software instrument track and an audio track. I use an IAC bus 2 for the "physical input" I have setup the four AU's alternative midi output to IAC bus 2. I patch this to a channel splitter and then into each software instrument channelstrip I use the bus on each software instrument channel strip and send it to the corresponding Audio track. I can record the audio output, but no midi on the software instrument tracks.

I'm using Logic Express 9.1.8

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-18-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
The step where he cmd clicks on the instrument out arrow in the enviroment does not get me into any drop down where he chooses the instrument track he want's to send to.
What shows on your drop down menu?

This is an Option+Left Click with the mouse

This is a Right Click Only with a Mouse

Quote:
His technique seems needlessly complicated when a simple channel splitter in the mix view gets you to the same result.
Not sure on the "needlessly" part but there's always different ways to do things in the Environment.
There's still more of the Environment that I don't know and it was more of getting things to work for me.

Actually, I did find out about the channel splitter from someone on this forum.

Sometimes getting the end results satifisy me first.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:17 AM

Hi Bruno I hadn't noticed your answer here, thanks.

Not to worry about the needlessley comment. It's not your fault it seems to be the Logic way of doing thing which I don't like.

I did get the drop down menu with the "select cable destination" item as you show in your images, it just didn't allow me to point to tracks I wanted to record midi to..

As it's been while I'm a little fuzzy on the issue right now but will bring it up to speed again in the next five days..

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 03-09-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I did get the drop down menu with the "select cable destination" item as you show in your images, it just didn't allow me to point to tracks I wanted to record midi to..
That's because your just RIGHT CLICK with the mouse, you need to hold down the OPTION key while LEFT CLICK with the mouse then you need to go to several sub menus to get to the instrument list so you can cable to the instrument you want the MIDI data to go to.