Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 08-27-2015, 05:46 AM

Default Controlling with Analogue Sequencer

Sorry for the noob question. New here and havent tried the software yet. Could I control the sequences from say the Dark Time? How would this be represented on the screen? Even if it can get the notes from CV or midi I'm sure it wont know the sequence length and perhaps skips will confuse it?

I have Ableton and Reason if this helps.

Anyway. Would be interested to know how input interfacing works if at all.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2015, 12:53 PM

Okay. Just did a wee google search for LED endless encoder and found a thing called Livid Code v2. This thing looks perfect for controlling numerology. It is rotary which I like and endless (which I don't usually like but) which is necessary for it to really work, but luckily it has LEDs showing position This could be great if it works well with numerology.

Anybody have experience with this thing?
Old 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racconboy View Post
Sorry for the noob question. New here and havent tried the software yet. Could I control the sequences from say the Dark Time? How would this be represented on the screen? Even if it can get the notes from CV or midi I'm sure it wont know the sequence length and perhaps skips will confuse it?

I have Ableton and Reason if this helps.

Anyway. Would be interested to know how input interfacing works if at all.

Thanks
I don't know the DarkTime at all, but seeing as it is a sequencer itself, I suspect it wouldn't work that well as a controller…

Jim
Old 08-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Okay. Just did a wee google search for LED endless encoder and found a thing called Livid Code v2. This thing looks perfect for controlling numerology. It is rotary which I like and endless (which I don't usually like but) which is necessary for it to really work, but luckily it has LEDs showing position This could be great if it works well with numerology.

I don't have one of these either… have you tried a launchpad?

… Specifically w/ the Code, I suspect you would need "incremental CC" support, which is on my list somewhere, but got pushed down a bit due to other requests...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-28-2015, 02:42 AM

Quote:

in the past i've used a cheap BCR2000 to control the mononote end the modulation sequencer and this worked great with Numerology
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it