Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 06-30-2012, 11:11 PM

Default Inquiring minds want to know...

Hi, I am very interested in Numerology, I like the looks of the workflow and it makes a lot of sense to me as a composition tool. Plus Jim is the only guy I've ever seen work the word dodecaphonic on to a commercial web site.

I'd appreciate help with a couple of questions that will help me understand if I'm looking at $400 or $200.

I do everything now in Logic Express. When Mainstage2 came out last Fall as a download, I bought it because it had Sculpture and Space Designer which were only available in the full version of Logic...but much to my chagrin, I couldn't actually access either of them through LE.

So, I'm wondering if I buy Numerology, can it essentially be a bridge that allows me to pull those MS2 instruments so I don't have to buy Logic Pro?

I know....long...but appreciate the advice.

Last edited by zaxmalloy; 06-30-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:32 AM

i think that you can use the Numerology AU version in Mainstage 2 or even use an IAC bus and Numerogy stand alone
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it

Last edited by amsonx; 07-01-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxmalloy View Post
So, I'm wondering if I buy Numerology, can it essentially be a bridge that allows me to pull those MS2 instruments so I don't have to buy Logic Pro?
Hmm, tricky business, audio app integration... It really comes down to the details of the workflow you are looking for. If you want to just sequence in Numerology, and don't mind doing most of your audio stuff in Mainstage, you can use the AU (or the N3 in ReWire mode), but then how to integrate Logic LE...

Another option to consider: Run all 3 apps separately, using MIDI Clock to sync (probably with Numerology or LE as the master), and Soundflower to route audio. Yeah, pretty weird, but if you compare it with a hardware analogy from back when MPC's, ADATs and workstation keyboards were the norm, and computers couldn't do more than 8 tracks at a time, not all that different. Ok, yeah, that was a while ago, kinda silly this hasn't all been sorted out by the industry, long story, etc. etc...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the responses.

I have done the Soundflower solution before and while it technically works the workflow is lousy...lots of screen flipping. But it does function....

I may have just backed in to a solution that was always there....turns out the Disc based updates for Logic Express to Logic 9 Pro have been finally marked down 50% by most resellers, so I was able to get an upgrade disc for $99 with no tax or shipping. At that price it's not worth doing any gymnastics....

As I understand it from the Apple's own Logic forum, once I install that, it should upgrade to the latest version of Pro automatically.

Once I get that upgrade in, I'll continue trying Numerology.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 PM

Maybe the wrong place to ask this question...but is it possible to transfer an existing license from another user through re-selling it?

I can't find documentation on the site that answers that question.