Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 07-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4.2 Build 183

Pro: http://files.five12.com/NumerologyPro-4.2-Build183.dmg
SE: http://files.five12.com/NumerologySE-4.2-Build183.dmg

RELEASE NOTES:

Numerology 4.2 Build 183

- Fixes an issue on OS X Mojave that could cause a crash on startup.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:01 PM

Hi Jim, thanks for this. Just checking in to say ..... seems to finally be ok here in Cubase VST (v10.0.30) / Mojave again. I've missed the VST so much!

John
Old 07-23-2019, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Excellent-- thanks for the report!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-29-2019, 01:16 AM

Hi Jim,
Iím still getting a crash on load in Cubase. Iíve trashed the preferences and reinstalled the VST after restarting my computer. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Old 07-31-2019, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefastis View Post
Hi Jim,
Iím still getting a crash on load in Cubase. Iíve trashed the preferences and reinstalled the VST after restarting my computer. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Do me a big favor and email me the last few crash logs for Cubase. They should be in ~/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports. Option-click the "Go" menu in Finder to see the Library dir.

Thanks!
Jim
Old 08-02-2019, 02:54 AM

Hi Jim, sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but of course I spoke too soon here, Cubase 10.0.30 is right now very unstable if I activate the VST on the iMac machine. I'll try on the other machine later.

Basically what I see is that when Numerology VST is installed it is usually blacklisted. If I re-enable it from the plug in manager, Cubase crashes almost every time I try to open a file dialogue or load a project (for example when clicking 'open other' from Hub, or 'Save As'). The plug in does not have to be loaded in a project to get this result. Re-scanning resulting in a Blacklisting, or moving the numerologyVST out of the VST folder fixes it.

Multiple reboots, updated all other plug ins, temporarily removed all other plug ins (especially Lexicon LXP which has caused me problems with heavily loaded projects before), but the only 'fix' I can find is to blacklist or remove numerology VST.

Anything left to try? Or anything I can do that would help you?

John

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit - just managed to get it (temporarily?) working by manually moving Numerology VST back into the VST folder and running another plug in scan. This time (unlike earlier today!), doing this didn't result in a blacklisting and Cubase appears ok (for now). Is there some issue that can usually (but not always) result in a Cubase blacklisting that triggers crashes?

Whatever it is seems to persist after the blacklisted version is re-enabled via the Plug-in Manager. No idea on how Cubase caches any of this stuff. I'll let you know if I manage to work anything else out!

Last edited by blackdoors; 08-02-2019 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:41 AM

Hi all!

I updated too my app to see if thereís any change in my MIDI related problems. Unfortunately no. I still get timing issues when I hit start and also crashes.

I donít know for sure but these issues became more frequent somewhere in OS X and/or Numerology updates. I remember that earlier N behaved much more stable. I use N standalone with external MIDI gear.

I can live with this situation but I hope that future will bring us more stability...
Old 08-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
Hi all!

I updated too my app to see if thereís any change in my MIDI related problems. Unfortunately no. I still get timing issues when I hit start and also crashes.

I donít know for sure but these issues became more frequent somewhere in OS X and/or Numerology updates. I remember that earlier N behaved much more stable. I use N standalone with external MIDI gear.

I can live with this situation but I hope that future will bring us more stability...
I've got a couple days this coming week set aside for N4 support, will look at both this and the Cubase thing. If you haven't yet, do me a favor and use the "Contact Five12" item in the Numerology menu to report a bug -- that will upload the always-useful crash reports.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-04-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I've got a couple days this coming week set aside for N4 support, will look at both this and the Cubase thing. If you haven't yet, do me a favor and use the "Contact Five12" item in the Numerology menu to report a bug -- that will upload the always-useful crash reports.

Cheers,
Jim
No problem, does this method work if it's relating to crashes of Cubase when arsing from the VST?

Do Cubase crash logs help you too? (I am not clear that Cubase makes a crash log in these sudden crashes but would like to help if I can!)

John
Old 08-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdoors View Post
No problem, does this method work if it's relating to crashes of Cubase when arsing from the VST?
Yes -- OS X will generate a crash report that will indicate where in the code the crash happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdoors View Post
Do Cubase crash logs help you too? (I am not clear that Cubase makes a crash log in these sudden crashes but would like to help if I can!)
Yes. -- Actually OS X makes the crash log and stores them in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. The "report bug" feature in Numerology will search for any crash logs where Numerology was involved and upload them to the Five12 server. It is a bit easier for me to work with logs that are on the server as I have a script there to process them for easier analysis, but sending them via email is also handy in case the report tool misses them somehow. The email also serves as an extra reminder to look at them.

Cheers,
Jim