Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 03-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Default Can NumerologyVST output CV via expert sleepers ES3 to my modular?

Hi - I'm just demoing Numerology and wondering if there is a way of routing the sequencer's CV channels out to my modular via my expert sleepers ES3. I have Logic, Ableton Live and Bitwig.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:46 PM

Default CV to ES3 & "the World"

Here's a link (I hope) to another thread that, while it may not answer your question directly, should give you some context.

Here's the link: http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=3546

I think the question you need answered is: can Numerology output its Control Value signals?

Best ...edN
Old 03-19-2018, 06:03 AM

Hi - thanks. I've read it but not sure I understand much of it. I'll re-read!

I notice there is a CV->Audio device which suggests that the CV signals should be able to be output via the audio interface. I'm just not sure given it has a single midi and single audio output how they map to downstream plugins/outputs in the context of a DAW and particularly if I want to output multiple CV/gates streams.

Is it possible to increase the number of outputs from NumerologyVST?

Softube modular has 4 stereo output pairs, 3 of which can be configured to keep/block DC for CV / non CV use.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbita View Post
I notice there is a CV->Audio device which suggests that the CV signals should be able to be output via the audio interface. I'm just not sure given it has a single midi and single audio output how they map to downstream plugins/outputs in the context of a DAW and particularly if I want to output multiple CV/gates streams.
The N4 plugins output stereo audio, so that could be used for 2 channels of CV -- just use the CV2Audio module and route that to the stack audio out. If you have Silent Way running in another channel, you could send MIDI note to it to generate pitch & gate, then use 2 channels of CV2Audio from N4 itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbita View Post
Is it possible to increase the number of outputs from NumerologyVST?
Not at this time. Other then the suggestion above, one option is to use N4 in ReWire mode, then you get lots of audio outs. The other is to send MIDI CCs to something that can convert them to CV. Of course, MIDI isn't nearly as high rez as audio, but it works just fine more often than you might think -- gates and triggers of course, are the easiest example.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-21-2018, 07:07 PM

ok thanks - any chance of adding multi outs in v5?