Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 04-01-2018, 11:01 AM

Default IAC driver not showing up, should it?

Hi - Is there a guide somewhere for sending N4 midi to ableton Live?

I'm trialling N4 rewire with Ableton Live. I'd like to route N4 midi to ableton. I created an IAC bus that is showing up in Ableton Live but not in N4. I noticed that there are already 8 midi bus outs in N4. I tried routing mono sequencer to the first of those but Ableton doesn't seem to receive it. Is there a way to get the IAC device visible in N4?

Thanks, Tom
Old 04-02-2018, 08:10 AM

Default IAC driver not showing up, should it?

Edit: I just followed my own advice and re-read that link I sent you below. I got confused again because I wasn't seeing any of the NumerologyRW MIDI devices in Ableton for MIDI input, even after setting the audio In on an Ableton track to Numerology. So... if you're not seeing IAC busses in Numerology either in Standalone *or* ReWire mode, there's something else going on. Particularly if Ableton *is* seeing IAC. And I don't think I have anything to offer by way of a solution. Sorry for the noise.

I got a bit confused because you say you want to use ReWire. As I understand it, IAC busses are not part of the ReWire scheme. The MIDI as well as audio communication is handled by the ReWire drivers.

I poked around a bit on my system but not enough to figure out an answer to your question. Have you read this, though?

http://forum3.five12.com/doc/Sync.html

It seems pretty comprehensive wrt hooking Numerology up to other DAWs. It's quite long and detailed; you'll find the ReWire config info closer to the bottom. Worth a read in whole however.

If finding the IAC bus is your primary concern, that's another issue.

Last edited by eenixon; 04-02-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbita View Post
I'm trialling N4 rewire with Ableton Live. I'd like to route N4 midi to ableton. I created an IAC bus that is showing up in Ableton Live but not in N4. I noticed that there are already 8 midi bus outs in N4. I tried routing mono sequencer to the first of those but Ableton doesn't seem to receive it. Is there a way to get the IAC device visible in N4?
IAC busses should show up in N4 running standalone or in ReWire mode. If you don't see them in N4's MIDI output menus, try restarting both Numerology and Ableton.

Jim
Old 04-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenixon View Post
I got a bit confused because you say you want to use ReWire. As I understand it, IAC busses are not part of the ReWire scheme.
That's correct, but Ableton doesn't support MIDI output from ReWire devices -- last I checked, Cubase does, but not Live -- so with N4 & Live via ReWire, IAC is the way to go.

Jim