Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 02-17-2013, 07:58 AM

Default control presets via program change

hello,
I use numerology (version pro 3.2 build 67) as an au in ableton live 8 and I'd like to assign stack presets to program change numbers but I don't know how? there is a prog-change dropdown menu inside the clip view but it has no effect...
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 AM

I don't use Live. But what you have to find on the Numerology routing page is the "Remote Bus" which is different from the main midi bus. Then you need to a assign a bus there. Then on the stack properties pop up you can choose to assign program change numbers automatically in concecutive order..

That's basically how you do it in stand alone.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM

unfortunately, there is no remote bus inside the au, isn't it?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM

I think you might have to use the VST version. Give that a try.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 AM

Unlike Numerology in standalone modus, stack preset program changes get accepted through the AU's plain midi bus.

See if you can route the midi program change modules output into Numerology using an IAC bus if there is a "Logic Enviroment" type internal routing page in Live.

I like Numerologies program change module so I'd setup a dedicated Program changer instance of the Numerology AU in Live and route internally to another instance of the AU. Whichever setup you choose make sure you've setup the right midi channel on the two Au's outputs and inputs and at the program change modules outputs and choose your program number. The presets need to be setup to recieve on the right midi channel using the AU's stack preferences pane. Also on the Program Changer AU you need to use the alt output and choose your IAC "program changer bus" In logic I've set that up on the IAC bus 4 so that leaves three dedicated non program change midi output busses to avoid confusion. To change programs on several AU's at once you would only need one program changer AU then set the output to All and then have several program change modules setup with different channel outputs.

Additional IAC busses are created in OSX midi/audio setup.

Note the the Midi Program change module sends an offset value so program number 2 calls up program 1 in the receiving AU's preset list.

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-18-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Administrator

.... I've been traveling a bit, so brain is a bit scrambled, but if I remember correctly, it is easiest to:

- Use the Numerology VST.
- Assign MIDI note numbers to the Stack Presets you are interested in (double-click to preset to see the settings).
- Program those notes into Live Clips for the track hosting the N3 VST. -- keeping in mind that I think Numerology maps note num 60 to C5, and Live may behave differently....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-25-2013, 07:53 AM

I would like to play the matrix arp. how can I split the midi note stream in numerology plugin, one for controll presets and the other one for playing the arp?
It would be better to assign cc's in the preset controll mode, isn't it?
...furthermore, num au works fine for me in live
Old 02-25-2013, 08:06 AM

the vst will give you much better midi timing than the au version, just give it a try.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM

ok, i will do it
Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 AM

BTW. I have two version of numerology vst an older one which is a special trial from jim and the latest vst version (pro 3.2 build 67). and the latest vst-version is non-listed in plogue bidule (version 0.9728). can anybody confirm it?