Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 05-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4 Build 135

There are quite a few updates in this one, and a few big ones, so I recommend reading the release notes carefully!

Automatic Crash Reporting:

There is one item in particular I want to point out. As many of you know, Numerology4 will ask to send up crash reports if it detects one. In the interests of making that process as simple as possible, I have added an 'Automatically send crash reports' pref, right next to 'Automatically check for updates'. This pref is on by default, but will only happen if you have already used the 'Contact Five12' dialog at least once (it checks for a name & email address). It will then send up any crash reports in the background w/o any indication on the UI -- thus I'm telling you about it now. That is (hopefully) good, in that I'll get see more of any crashes (esp. for plugins -- see below), but is a bit less good in that you don't automatically get a chance to add your comments -- which are always useful. If you do not mind adding in a few comments after a crash, go ahead and turn the pref off...

FYI: I will probably turn this pref off after the main release -- for now I'm just curious to see if it helps...

Also, this pref will also work for the plugins -- which until now could not detect or report their own crashes. I know some of you use the plugins almost exclusively, so if you do, take a minute to send me a little note using the 'contact five12' button on the plugin UI -- it's the mail icon next to the Five12 logo -- that will ensure that any crashes get reported!

An update on a few items:

The MIDI FX plugin : I've removed some items from the AU MX plugin that don't need to be there -- scheduling prefs & the virtual MIDI port. The MIDI Input issue is still there. However, I (oddly enough) had a very productive day yesterday w/ 10.9 & LogicX and can say I've made some very good progress on the MIDI input front. I don't have a fix just yet (long story), but have a path that should produce one. That path also would get the plugin a bit closer to being 'sandboxable', should that become necessary...

Next up on the bug list are some UI update issues related to ReWire, and some odd bugs related to "preset length" settings, preset changes & MIDI Clip output. If you've had any issues in that area but have not heard from me lately, don't hesitate to give me a ping!

Downloads:

http://www.five12.com/NumerologyPro-4.0-Build135.dmg
http://www.five12.com/NumerologySE-4.0-Build135.dmg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Numerology 4 Build 135

- Fixed several low-level memory errors that could cause crashes.
- Added 'automatically send crash reports' pref -- the default is ON for now.
- AU : Fixed a problem that could cause the UI to not load properly.
- AU MX : Removed the virtual MIDI output port (not needed, and there is still the 'alt output')
- AU MX : Removed the MIDI timing prefs (not needed, and could interfere w/ MIDI timing to the host)
- Browser : Added 'Favorites', 'Music' and 'Home' to the 'Files' tab. Favorties is in ~/Music/Five12/Favorites
- Naviator : Had to disable the news feed for 10.6.8... (no json parser)
- Naviator : Now auto-closes when running the 'open new project' dialog
- MIDI/OSC Mappings : the mapping dialog is now properly updated when 'un-learning' OSC from the module's UI.
- ChordSeq : fixed an error display octave values for notes in a chord.
- ChordSeq : fixed a problem with chord generation w/ chords in the harmonic minor scale.
- StackOut : set volume to the correct range (0 - 110).
- Note Sequencers : Fixed a problem with Probability steps not updating in groups when several steps are selected.
- Aux Sends : Now respect panning of the Stack Mix module.
- Export Stack: fixed an issue when closing the export stack dialog.
- Close button on main window: fixed a problem closing projects that way when changes have been made.
- Fixed a problem with the 'e' button not showing up in the plugins for CV Sequencers.
- Stack Preset Auto-Assign : fixed a couple of UI update issues.
- Fixed some glitches in sample playback.
- Updated the UI for the Stack Mix Advanced Settings dialog.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:21 AM

+1 woo a bigun!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:29 AM

Good job as usual Jim.. (Y)
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 05-11-2014, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
- Browser : Added 'Favorites', 'Music' and 'Home' to the 'Files' tab. Favorties is in ~/Music/Five12/Favorites
Ooh, cool. This'll be really useful.

I'm experiencing a bug, though, with symbolic links (or alias) to a folder in Favorites: the linked sub-folder likes to auto-close - hiding its contents - whilst interacting with it. Is anyone else experiencing this? (OSX 10.8.5, 64 bit N4 Pro Standalone.)
Old 05-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Numerologist

The auto-update feature doesn't seem to be working for me from build 134; want me to upload logs or similar?
Old 05-12-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
- Naviator : Had to disable the news feed for 10.6.8... (no json parser)
Hi there, i am still on 10.6.8.

What kind of information i will miss due to this ?

Can anyone post a screenshot how the news feed will looks like.
Thank you in advance

Michael
Old 05-12-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaural View Post

Thank you in advance

Michael
It looks like this at present (blurriness due to being downsized from Retina), so you're probably not missing out on much if you check the forums intermittently :

(BTW, Jim, the displayed dates on those projects are incorrect.)

Last edited by Arboria Auralist; 05-12-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaural View Post

Thank you in advance
What I will probably do is put some items directly into the build -- or it may be quicker for me to just write a quick-n-dirty JSON parser....

As Arboria Auralist said -- if you follow the forum, you'll get most of that stuff anyway.

Jim
Old 05-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arboria Auralist View Post
(BTW, Jim, the displayed dates on those projects are incorrect.)
Just fixed...

Jim
Old 05-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
The auto-update feature doesn't seem to be working for me from build 134; want me to upload logs or similar?
Try it now -- I forgot to update the online stats...

Jim