Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Integration

Old 09-13-2011, 08:07 PM

Default sequencing presets in vst mode?

Hi, Ive managed to load Numerology as a vst inside Ableton Live: midi track, insert numerology, second midi track Midi from> Numerology, and select Numerology channel. The same process to run another instance.
I make some sequences, press play and the 2 tracks sound ok. But.... Can I sequence the different presets from my DAW? (Live in this case).
Something like C1 for preset 1, D1 for preset 3, etc.
Cheers
Old 09-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitan mission View Post
Hi, Ive managed to load Numerology as a vst inside Ableton Live: midi track, insert numerology, second midi track Midi from> Numerology, and select Numerology channel. The same process to run another instance.
I make some sequences, press play and the 2 tracks sound ok. But.... Can I sequence the different presets from my DAW? (Live in this case).
Something like C1 for preset 1, D1 for preset 3, etc.
Cheers
Yes. If you double-click on a preset, you can assign a MIDI note to trigger it, then program that note into an Ableton clip to trigger the preset. I should put an example together, but I'm pretty wiped so that will have to wait until tomorrow...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-14-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Yes. If you double-click on a preset, you can assign a MIDI note to trigger it, then program that note into an Ableton clip to trigger the preset. I should put an example together, but I'm pretty wiped so that will have to wait until tomorrow...

Cheers,
Jim
Thanks! It Works! (in preset properties Note>choose note>1
In a project like this (no complex midi routing) the "standard" is to choose always Midi channel 1? No matter how many instances of numerology im running?

Well, 4:15 am here, I go to bed!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
In a project like this (no complex midi routing) the "standard" is to choose always Midi channel 1? No matter how many instances of numerology im running?
That should be fine -- as long as you don't 'cross the streams' in Live...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-14-2011, 11:53 AM

I have another one : )
When a note ends in Ableton the triggered preset doesn't stop, how can I stop it?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have another one : )
When a note ends in Ableton the triggered preset doesn't stop, how can I stop it?
Setup a preset called "muted" -- and modify the module in there to fit the name, then use a note to trigger that preset. This trick is also very handy when using the Launchpad...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-02-2016, 04:42 AM

HI Jim..

I don't seem to be able to get this to work in the latest version, as this thread is old, i wondered if things have changed in the setup with latest versions ?

thanks
joe
Old 11-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepi90 View Post
HI Jim..

I don't seem to be able to get this to work in the latest version, as this thread is old, i wondered if things have changed in the setup with latest versions ?

thanks
joe
It should all be the same -- and I ran a quick test to verify. Some things to check:
- In Prefs, turn 'Preset Auto MIDI Assign' on. The presets in Numerology should then show which MIDI notes they will respond to.
- If you want to trigger presets from MIDI Notes in clips, be sure the Playlist is off.
- Set 'Preset Quantization' to None -- very important, or you will get a 1 bar delay.

If you're still stuck after that, email me a project.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-03-2016, 03:59 AM

Thanks Jim

Preset Auto MIDI Assign was off, and the manual method of assigning notes did not seem to work.. all good now though. great !

thanks
Joe

Tags
ableton, live, preset, sequencing, vst