Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Tips & Tricks

Old 12-10-2014, 06:27 PM

Question Reset a clock?

Hi. New user here.

I have a stack that has its own clock, at a tempo independent from the main clock.

I'd like to use a CV from one of my stacks that is adhering to the main clock to trigger a sequence on this independent stack. I'm using CV bus 1 to trigger the sequencer on this independent stack.

Unfortunately it seems that when I do this, it waits until the next clock division of its clock to play the sequence; i.e., this sequence is quantized to its own clock. (This seems reasonable.)

So I thought maybe I'd try to reset the independent stack's clock with a CV signal also. But I can't seem to do it. I'm sending a CV to a ParamMod to control the independent stack's clock's RunState, but when I make it run, it starts from where it left off instead of resetting when the signal comes. The reset button on the clock doesn't seem to be available as a destination for the ParamMod or by any trigger input though.

Is there a way I can reset a clock with a CV signal?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Administrator

In the module you want to trigger, click the little 'e' button next to it's own transport (the upper LHS of the module's UI). In that dialog are some advanced run-mode settings. Turn Beat Quantize 'Off' -- that should help.

If that doesn't do it, email me an example project... jim (at) five12 [dot] com

Thanks!
Jim
Old 12-10-2014, 07:19 PM

Perfect, that did it. Thanks!