Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > File Exchange > Projects

Old 02-07-2012, 06:41 PM

Default Presents WaveFO setup

I had developed a WaveTable instrument. in that connection I found out that the single cycle waves can also be used as Lfo's but how, and why?

Well I use the Drumkit module to house the waves. take the audio output from each of the Drumkits samplers and route it into a Envelope follower to get an amplitude value. This gets sent into a SigProcessor for scaling. I also have patched in a Unary Op so I can actually see the values that are coming out of the Envelope generator before I apply signal processing. Then after the signal processor I feed the outputs into two slots of a paramod module so I can direct these modulations out to my synths and effects processors. Finally I have a CV mixer and Scope patched into the SigProcessors so I can check whats happening with the signal and use this to tweak the scaling values..

Now I've setup a basic setup with these elements for users to download and try.

I've set it up so there are 2 signal processors per envelope generator and four paramod slots for sending the signal out to different destinations..

1 CV scope and mixer for each Envelope follower. The two Signal Processors for each EnvFollower are patched to inputs A + B.

I've setup the Signal Processors with approximate setting that got me into a useful range for the waves I was using.

There are no waves included in the setup. Try using the Demo waves from the Galbanum Architecture library.

Regards

Wade

I'll add some more tips on how to use this setup up. Later.

Regards

Wade
Attached Files
File Type: zip DrumIkit-->WaveFO.nmp.zip (28.9 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 AM

I was experimenting with the waves.

Modulation the volume on a synths output or a pan and volume modules volume parameter is a pretty easy way to get amplitude modulation going.

Modulating the pitch parameter on synth is also interesting I found some waves that were slightly wonky assymetrical Sample and Hold waves that got some interesting things happening.

The various controls on the Drumsamplers individual "pads" can be worked with for example if you using the Sample and Hold type waves for pitch modulation, you can use the Cutoff parameter to pairdown the number of pitches the wave will generate.

For cutoff frequency modulation on a synth the volume control can trim down the modulations if they get too rough.

The pitch knob on the Drumkits sample voice you would think that would stretch the events out, but I'm not getting that result?! I'm not understanding how pitching these single cycle waves changes the structure of the waves.

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-09-2012 at 08:05 AM.