Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Tips & Tricks

Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM

Default drum muting quandry

So I have a problem for all you geniuses. :

I have a drum seq. I want to play freely with muting drum tracks, without worrying about the mutes persisting each preset. I'd like to mute a drum, and have it stay muted when I change the preset.

I have my drum machine in a different stack, and route midi to it with a bus. I figured I might use a button box to switch on and off 8 (or more) note filters, which would each be tuned to allow 1 midi note through, but it looks like nothing on the note filter is automatable.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Hmm, I'm a bit confused -- per-track mute values are auto-saved with stack presets for the DrumSeq-- perhaps you want them to auto un-mute, or did I miss something?

Jim
Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 AM

ya exactly. If I mute some tracks in the preset, then switch to a new preset, I'd like the mutes to stay intact. Basically to separate them from the preset.

A sequence of events like this:

>start preset 1
| mute track 1
| >switch to preset 2 (track 1 stays muted)
| >switch to preset 3 (track 1 stays muted)
| unmute track 1

Does that make sense? I want to basically build fewer presets each with complete rhythms, which I can use as many more patterns by using on-the-fly muting.

Ideally I could put the drum plugin in a separate stack, (I do this frequently to have 2 drum seq stacks feeding to 1 plugin) with a midi filter in front that could mute single midi notes.

Of course I could also just set a button box to send a mute message to the plugin itself, but I want to keep the control separate from the instrument so I could reuse it with hardware. Maybe this is a bit of an esoteric goal haha.