Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : News

Old 12-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Default Vector Sequencer Firmware 1.4.2

This build fixes some issues from 1.4, more are on the way...

Cheers,
Jim

http://files.five12.com/VS-1.4.2/VECTOR.BIN.zip

Fixed a stuck note when using a Scene "change to mute" on a preset with a tied note.

Fixed a timing issue with MIDI Clock output when the Vector is sync'd to another source.
Fixed a chord voicing issue with minor seventh chords.
Repeat presses on SEQ CTL now cycle through pages, as they did prior to 1.4.
Restored SHIFT + ENC 9 in GATE mode to cycle through 5%, 50%, 95% gate values.
Removed TRANS and OCT as sub-seq modulation targets for Drum Parts.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:01 AM

Hi Jim,
Thanks for keeping the updates coming!
I'm following back on something mentioned on the forum last year that i'm curious if still on the list of potential features... is there still a possible LFO function we could assign to a few of those extra outputs on the J-EXP?
Particularly interested in a random wave... would be amazing and fun to self patch back into the mod inputs if not too crazy.
Best,
Ross
Old 01-21-2020, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsythian View Post
Hi Jim,
Thanks for keeping the updates coming!
I'm following back on something mentioned on the forum last year that i'm curious if still on the list of potential features... is there still a possible LFO function we could assign to a few of those extra outputs on the J-EXP?
Yes, that's still on the list -- can't say yet if it will make the next 'big' FW update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsythian View Post
Particularly interested in a random wave... would be amazing and fun to self patch back into the mod inputs if not too crazy.
Best,
Ross
If you have an un-used Part available, you can do that now -- create a pattern w/ all gates at (or near) max, glide at 100% (or not), then use Pitch values over a wide range to adjust output levels. Pitch CVs run from -3 to +7 volts, so they work well for both bi-polar and uni-polar mod sources.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-26-2020, 10:00 AM

For sure! currently out of parts but i'll re-patchg and give this a shot. Basically i'm not fully employing these extra 8 outputs on the J-EXP and looking for ways to maximise the Vector potentials while saving some tight skiff hp (notably the PNW which could be redundant once the Vector can send a few other options from the surplus outputs... ie- high gate (reset) at EOC and a few other wavey goodness options).
Cheers,
Ross