Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Hardware Synths & Effects

Old 03-09-2016, 10:51 AM

Default Starting With Numerology + Expert Sleepers

Hello
I am a new numerology 4pro user. My name is patrick pagano and i teach sound design at University of Florida. Last few years i have been teaching and using Pro-tools and Ableton for sound design but since getting a modular and an Expert Sleepers setup [ES-40/ESX8CV/ESX8GT, FH-1/X] in my system i am looking for a way to sync and control my modular(s) in interesting ways, which of course led me to Numerology.

here is my ES equipped rig.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/243606

I am wondering if people could share Templates or setups if that is done here and or links to Tutorials/How-Tos for using Numerology successfully with ES modules. I found one 12minute VERY helpful tutorial. I am hoping there is more out there. I am just digging into the forum now.

Also i am curious, because of the CVmod,CvGen etc. modules built into Numerology already Does one NEED the Expert Sleepers software? I have it but i find it extremely frustrating and the manual leaves alot to be desired, I also grabbed Icaro Ferere's CVtoolkit too to give my self a selection of tools to choose from. I would love suggestions and links caveats, rants of course welcomed.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeswifty View Post
Hello
I am a new numerology 4pro user. My name is patrick pagano and i teach sound design at University of Florida. Last few years i have been teaching and using Pro-tools and Ableton for sound design but since getting a modular and an Expert Sleepers setup [ES-40/ESX8CV/ESX8GT, FH-1/X] in my system i am looking for a way to sync and control my modular(s) in interesting ways, which of course led me to Numerology.

here is my ES equipped rig.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/243606

I am wondering if people could share Templates or setups if that is done here and or links to Tutorials/How-Tos for using Numerology successfully with ES modules. I found one 12minute VERY helpful tutorial. I am hoping there is more out there. I am just digging into the forum now.
See my notes here:
http://www.five12.net/showthread.php...ed=1#post15229

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeswifty View Post
Also i am curious, because of the CVmod,CvGen etc. modules built into Numerology already Does one NEED the Expert Sleepers software? I have it but i find it extremely frustrating and the manual leaves alot to be desired, I also grabbed Icaro Ferere's CVtoolkit too to give my self a selection of tools to choose from. I would love suggestions and links caveats, rants of course welcomed.
The ES-40 can be a bit tricky to setup -- If you have it working in Ableton through, the setup for Numerology will be pretty similar...

Jim
Old 04-13-2016, 08:59 AM

After wandering around expert sleepers products, I finally went the doepfer way.

Daw to modular -> Bsp Pro
Modular to Daw -> A192-2

I'm still amazed at how pricey the ES are, to get the same functionality as a 192+Bsp with my focurite 6I6 I had to spend twice the money and I could only get 2 in/out SPDIF connection...

Better go for a dc coupled audio interface then...

Did you make any progress with your ES modules ?