Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 07-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4.2 Build 176

Links:

SE: http://files.five12.com/NumerologySE-4.2-Build176.dmg
PRO: http://files.five12.com/NumerologyPro-4.2-Build176.dmg

Fixes & Updates:

Fixed a hang when deleting the last stack or the last note sequencer in the last stack.

Performance Controller: You can now setup up to 16 buttons for direct access to the first 16 non-clock stacks in a project. HOWEVER: In order to see those settings, you'll have to delete and re-build your controller setup.

The Performance Controller now supports the DrumSeq, Including Realtime and Step Recording and all relevant Ops (i.e. clear and double work, invert does not do anything).
Old 07-13-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Links:

SE: http://files.five12.com/NumerologySE-4.2-Build176.dmg
PRO: http://files.five12.com/NumerologyPro-4.2-Build176.dmg

Fixes & Updates:

Fixed a hang when deleting the last stack or the last note sequencer in the last stack.

Performance Controller: You can now setup up to 16 buttons for direct access to the first 16 non-clock stacks in a project. HOWEVER: In order to see those settings, you'll have to delete and re-build your controller setup.

The Performance Controller now supports the DrumSeq, Including Realtime and Step Recording and all relevant Ops (i.e. clear and double work, invert does not do anything).
What do you mean by deleting my the controller setup ? This is bringing me to wonder that we can create multiple performance controllers. Right ?
Old 07-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
What do you mean by deleting my the controller setup ?
You can use the "-" button below the list of controllers to remove the currently selected controller. You can also remove it in the Finder, in ~/Music/Five12/Controller Setups.

Quote:
This is bringing me to wonder that we can create multiple performance controllers. Right ?
Well, this is currently a bit of a gray area. From the perspective of sequence programming and manipulation, you should only need one. But from the perspective of setting up 'generic' controllers, you should definitely be allowed to setup several. The potential conflicts comes from navigation -- i.e. having two controllers that move from stack to stack (but then we have that now w/ the launchpad), and from controller feedback -- i.e. if you setup LEDs to light up for various record modes on multiple controllers, will the system be smart enough keep them all up to date.

My recommendation for now if you have several controllers is to setup one 'pair' (Keyboard being one, knobs n buttons being the other) as the main Perf Ctlr. Then set the others up as extras, but only mapping them as 'global' controls.

If you have a specific setup in mind that isn't covered by that recommendation, let me know!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-15-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
You can use the "-" button below the list of controllers to remove the currently selected controller. You can also remove it in the Finder, in ~/Music/Five12/Controller Setups.

Well, this is currently a bit of a gray area. From the perspective of sequence programming and manipulation, you should only need one. But from the perspective of setting up 'generic' controllers, you should definitely be allowed to setup several. The potential conflicts comes from navigation -- i.e. having two controllers that move from stack to stack (but then we have that now w/ the launchpad), and from controller feedback -- i.e. if you setup LEDs to light up for various record modes on multiple controllers, will the system be smart enough keep them all up to date.

My recommendation for now if you have several controllers is to setup one 'pair' (Keyboard being one, knobs n buttons being the other) as the main Perf Ctlr. Then set the others up as extras, but only mapping them as 'global' controls.

If you have a specific setup in mind that isn't covered by that recommendation, let me know!

Cheers,
Jim
I see your point.
My thought is about using multiple kind of controllers on my iPad in TouchOsc.
And, maybe more that one iPad too .
Old 07-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I see your point.
My thought is about using multiple kind of controllers on my iPad in TouchOsc.
And, maybe more that one iPad too .
Well, one option is that I could limit folks to one Performance Controller, but also add a 'Generic MIDI' controller option that has global assignable knobs, but none of the keyboard or navigation stuff. In that case you could have one big TouchOSC setup as your PerfCtlr, then another iPad (or MIDI device) programmed for a specific task -- say editing a critical sequence, or params on a plugin.

Jim