Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 08-01-2012, 04:21 PM

Default Another licensing scheme

OK, so the licensing scheme today allows me to install N3 on two machines with an option of a third if personally requested, right?

I have hit the ceiling with this scheme and suspect that others might as well. Consider this scenario:
  • I have one installation on my iMac and one on the laptop (and one on a laptop that just crashed on me) which totals to three.
  • I also have another login on the iMac for the sole purpose of recording audio just to be sure that I have no superfluous applications running that might interfere with what the CPU is doing. Here I have no license.

It is fairly easy, as you can see, to hit the limit with the current scheme and I, for one, would love to see something else.

Consider Reason, for instance. They have finally gone and got themselves a dongle. Dongles are generally evil but their dongle just works and you always have the possibility to authenticate over the internet if you don't have it with you.

This means that, with minor hassle, I can run Reason everywhere with or without the dongle; the dongle just makes it easier.

I realise that Jim might not be too tempted to do a proprietary dongle like Propellerhead but he might go with, say, the Steinberg solution and add this particular twist with the internet authentication.

Point being that I would love to be able to run Numerology on everything I have without concern for how many installations I have.

Is this a fair request or am I out on a limb here?

Cheers,

Karl-Koenig
Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 AM
Administrator

I'm not a fan of dongles -- they get lost too easily (I've lost a few) -- but they do have the advantage of letting you move from computer to computer more easily.

In your particular situation, you should be fine -- Once you activate on a computer, that activation will be shared among all users on that computer, though you do have to re-enter the SN for each. As for the activation on the old laptop, just email me and I can clear it out. I've looked into offering deactivation in the app, but there are still some issues with eSellerate's setup that I need to work around...

And yes, N3 Pro users can request a 3rd activation.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-05-2012, 09:14 PM

That's an interesting bit of information on having to authenticate the Program for each user on a computer, I have used my wifes users identity on the computer for years and now with the new computer hard disk being cloned from the old computer her name is still listed as the user! So I need to move all my files over to my own name, to get rid of her tag....

So good bit there.

I think though the three authorization is a very fair deal. I might one day have a network of three or four computers running numerology. But ideally I'd like to keep it down to 3 max, jusst from the stadpoint of workflow, it gets ungainly pretty fast..

I too prefer not to use dongles...

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 08-05-2012 at 09:16 PM.