Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 12-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Have noted... -- just don't hold your breath, gotta finish N4 first...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-04-2013, 03:21 PM

I'll just breathe normally then, and let you get on with N4! :-)
Cheers,
Scott
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Administrator

BTW: For anyone looking to build this type of 'meta sequencer'. If you have an iPad, I highly, highly recommend using some sort of OSC controller --TouchOSC, Lemur, et. al.. I've been building such a setup for my own modular. I use a Launchpad for basic note sequencing, and a custom setup for TouchOSC for everything else (3 LFOs, 4+ ModSequencers, etc). I pick just the params I know I really need to get at and lay them out w/ custom templates -- just as if I was building a custom module. It does take some time to pick the right set of params and get the mappings up, but it is really, really a blast to use. I'll be using that setup as an 'extended example' for the N4 tutorial videos.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-05-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
2: Screen space : Each module, and especially sequencing modules consume a decent amount of screen space. Once you have 3-4 of them, it gets to be an issue. My new favorite setup for the modular synth has 2 MonoNotes, 3 or 4 Mod Seqs, a DualLfo and other stuff. That's just for one voice, and I can't see it all at once -- a bit frustrating. My solution in this case is that I mostly control it via the Launchpad for the MonoNotes, plus a custom TouchOSC template for everything else.
Just on this point, have you ever thought about allowing several columns of modules in a stack? If the width of each module was a bit narrower you could fit 2 columns on a 15" MacBook, I could probably fit 3 on my Cinema Display.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamUK View Post
Just on this point, have you ever thought about allowing several columns of modules in a stack? If the width of each module was a bit narrower you could fit 2 columns on a 15" MacBook, I could probably fit 3 on my Cinema Display.
I've considered that, as well as allowing multiple stacks up at once. The latter is much easier, but I want the option of pursuing both...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Hi,
I'm just getting my feet wet with the demo again now I've bought a Push.

Playing with the mononote, one of the first features I looked for was the ability to have different sequence lengths for each characteristic - pitch/gate/rachet etc as that's what really helps to create evolving patterns so easily.

One reason why the mononote is so attractive is in it's integration with launchpad or push in my case. As soon as you move to the modular components, that is lost I believe.

Visually I think a simple line with drag handle below the select and mute strips would work fine. On launchpad/push should be relatively straightforward with a selector row at the top to choose which characteristic you want to change the length of.

The other thing that would be useful inputs to control sequence lengths that can be modulated externally, say via faderbox or a gate sequencer. Is this currently possible in some way?

With that said, I'm trying to achieve this using the individual components but I'm not sure how to? Maybe someone can advise. The Gate sequencer appears to have no rachet feature. Is the idea to have another gate sequencer as the clock? How about repeat and probability?

Regards, Tom