Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Composition & Sequencing

Old 04-03-2009, 02:28 PM

Default Max for Live!

Well, Numerology killer is coming...

http://www.ableton.com/extend
Old 04-03-2009, 06:25 PM

I don't know about that maybe feature wise but not so much at the price you'd have to pay to have both Live and Max for Live.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Numerologist

Hello,

donig MAX since v3 I was not able to get a working plugin with a few clicks.
Is hard work to get what you want.
Even simple stepsequencers are not so easy as it seems at the beginning, having several Seqs in sync is more difficult.
Used this before I found Numerology and today MAX is only for the things Numerology could not do, today?
I am also hoping to get a more easy use of plugins from MAX in Live but we will see.
In the moment I am going thru IAC busses to route MIDI to and from MAX to Numerology.

Was yesterday at Musikmesse, Frankfurt and talking to several people about Numerology,MAX and Live, all want to have a look for Numerology first after I was telling them whats ready there without the need of programming.
Even some from Ableton were impressed what the possibilities of Numerology are.
The only argument some Hardware sequencer manufactures could bring was, that its not hardware,
a very poor argument in my eyes, because if you are running Numerology from a MiniMac as the only programm installed there it the same like their hardwareSequencers.

Think that with the new step on trigger mode Numerology is lightjears ahead in front all other so called sequencers.

best
jue

Ps: In Reaktor you could do also all kind of sequencers but in their library there is also nothing like Numerology, it posible but........
Old 04-04-2009, 03:19 AM

Default Max for Live!

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 10:05 AM, jue <> wrote:

Quote:
> Even simple stepsequencers are not so easy as it seems at the beginning, having several Seqs in sync is more difficult.
That was my immediate thought yesterday when reading sonomute's post.
The point with Numerology is that you already get all those tools and
can start making music right away! Live 8 totally lacks the sequencing
powers specific to Numerology. It seems to much more creative to use
Numerology than buying Max For Live and start building such tools for
Live.
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 04-04-2009, 04:02 AM
Numerologist

Default tonight european standart time

hello,

tonight, will try to find a way to trigger live clips from numerologys stepseqs in sync and that the clips are only playing as long as the gate in Numerology will last. Got some interesting information about live launch modes as a result from the talking with the ablton people I meet at musikmesse.
Will share it if it works here at the forum shure.

best
jue

PS: The music has to be the goal and not the tools!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jue View Post
The only argument some Hardware sequencer manufactures could bring was, that its not hardware, a very poor argument in my eyes, because if you are running Numerology from a MiniMac as the only programm installed there it the same like their hardwareSequencers.
It's all about the hardware control options.... I'm working on a new feature that will greatly expand those options, more soon...

Jim
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 AM

Jue... I totally hear you about Max for Live... I made the mistake a couple of years ago of buying Reaktor for about the same reasons people would buy Max for Live... I just didn't have the time or energy to learn something so complicated and Numerology does just about all the things that I really wanted to do with Reaktor and Live anyways... minus the uber complicated architecture. Numerology goes pretty deep but also has a great degree of instant gratification. I'm sure Max for live is going to be very expensive... it does however offer some really interesting possibilities for creating installations, sequencing video and using Live to control just about anything on the planet. But all I want is step sequencers and lfos... Num fits the bill. I wonder if Ableton will release some sort of uneditable step sequencer/lfo pack for Live 8 that only includes the Max engine but does not allow for too much modification... because it seems that for the Majority Max for Live is overkill for their needs. Makes me almost wonder what Num could do if it were a plugin, kind of like how FL studio/or Energy XT can be used as a Host or as a plugin in DAWs... hmmmmm.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Numerologist

hello,

please have a ook to the tips and tricks section for playing Live clips from Numerology.
It works!!

best
jue
Old 04-15-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamburglar View Post
it does however offer some really interesting possibilities for creating installations, sequencing video and using Live to control just about anything on the planet. hmmmmm.
Actually i'm using numerology , VMDX, Quartz Composer together to make A/V installation and live A/V set; i think that the Pro version (with OSC support) will give me even more possibilities for this purpose
Old 04-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsonx View Post
Actually i'm using numerology , VMDX, Quartz Composer together to make A/V installation and live A/V set; i think that the Pro version (with OSC support) will give me even more possibilities for this purpose
Random question: Have you found a way to reliably control Quartz Composer patches via MIDI? I've tried a couple times and ran into two nasty issues: either MIDI CC's get completely lost (if you send more than a few at once), or continuous modulation of QC module params cases ridiculous frame rate issues. I suppose I should try the version in Snow Leopard, it should be better...

Best,
Jim