Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 05-27-2018, 12:36 PM

Default Ping! SMF-player module

Hi!

A long time wish just came to mind: ”Standard Midi File” -player module. Simple as that. Put it there and route to some Midi output and import a file. To me (as a complete ignorant of coding) this may not seem that difficult, or is it?

Anyway at least to me this wouls open a whole new world of possibilities. Like lively expressed piano melody along my synth patterns...

Last edited by PLaine; 05-27-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
A long time wish just came to mind: ”Standard Midi File” -player module. Simple as that. Put it there and route to some Midi output and import a file. To me (as a complete ignorant of coding) this may not seem that difficult, or is it?
It isn't difficult, but it is time consuming...

Quote:
Anyway at least to me this wouls open a whole new world of possibilities. Like lively expressed piano melody along my synth patterns...
How about a sync'd audio file player instead?

Jim
Old 05-28-2018, 03:36 PM

Well, my main usage of Numerology is MIDI based, so audio player isn't the same... Unfortunately.

MIDI player would be awesome cause you could record and edit those MIDI clips anywhere and then import them this module and just hit play. Of course, few more parameters would make it even more usable (just play once / loop, loop lenght, transpose etc.).
Old 05-29-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Well, my main usage of Numerology is MIDI based, so audio player isn't the same... Unfortunately.

MIDI player would be awesome cause you could record and edit those MIDI clips anywhere and then import them this module and just hit play. Of course, few more parameters would make it even more usable (just play once / loop, loop lenght, transpose etc.).
Try this : https://4drx.com/plugins/product.php?p=VirtualKeyboard

It is a great midi player as a plug-in, or stand alone app.
Use it as a plug-in in Numerology, and it is fairly cheap...
Old 05-30-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corlin3 View Post
Try this : https://4drx.com/plugins/product.php?p=VirtualKeyboard

It is a great midi player as a plug-in, or stand alone app.
Use it as a plug-in in Numerology, and it is fairly cheap...
Are you using this in Numerology? On OSX 10.95, I can't find plug-in version listed in N4, and standalone is limited in 'sync' and bpm adjustments/capabilities. Maybe you are Windows....doesn't seem to work as plug-in on Mac??

Having said that, I solved this personally a while ago as a 'Live' owner, using the IAC bus method to 'External' sync 'Live' to N4 (as opposed to Rewired)...that way not only is there total tempo/transport/song position lock...but also all of 'Lives' extensive 'Follow' and other manipulative processes available for loaded MIDI files (mutations, etc). So, 'Live' as MIDI file player alongside N4.

And of course all MIDI (processed or just played straight) be recorded into N4 live for full session archiving along with recorded/produced audio from session.

As to audio tracks, Jim turned me on a while back to simply using the built-in sampler to load full tracks....now I just need to 'nudge' him to fix the SampleKit 8 and 16 'triggering' problems (sent you a report Jim a few months ago )which seem to skip id numbers and thus not respond properly to triggering options for all instances, requiring to use separate SampleKit 'Basic's' instead of single multisampler all-in-one modules for multiple channels.

Last edited by Loopy C; 05-30-2018 at 02:44 PM.