Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Integration

Old 10-01-2016, 06:07 AM

Since I now learned that N4 doesnt support multicore, I (probably) can't do a stand alone Live set only with N4.

I am however the only person on this beautiful earth who isnt able to set up

Ableton / N4 ReWire..

-I have an Audiotrack with the "Numerology4RW" as an input

-I created 4 IAC Busses called Numerolgy 1-4

-I see those and can select those but there comes nothing from N4

- Withing N4 I have selected the Numerology4RW midi output. I was looking for the IAC Busses as Outputs (that would have been logical I thought) but they are not there.

Where is the missing part? I am googling myself to death right now.. It seems to be so simple that nobody else ever had this problem. And even the manual only says

"Transmission of MIDI from
Numerology to the host app works just as it does in standalone mode: via Numerology’s virtual MIDI ports,
or an IAC buss."

But I don't find it anywhere explained how that is.

When I look for it I find the IAC explanation and once that is explained it just says:

Now that we know how to transmit MIDI from one app to another, we can continue with our discussion
of synchronization.

But I still don't know how to transmit Midi from one app to another. I only learned how to create IAC busses.

going crazy right now. please save me
Old 10-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGYN View Post
Hey,

has there been a result?? I am facing the same problem using Korg Nano Kontrol 2. Should I send you a report too?

I think on 32 this wasnt an issue. I just recently switched to 64 bits.

I will experiment with rewire. Long term I think I want to use only N4, but for now I would prefer the VST solution.
I had to push that issue to the side to handle some issues with Logic and MainStage, and currently Sierra, but that is next on the list. What I know so far is that it has something to do with the non-blocking queues I'm using from the Core Audio SDK -- I'm not sure yet if I am using them incorrectly or what, but a solution is coming.

Jim
Old 10-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGYN View Post
- Withing N4 I have selected the Numerology4RW midi output. I was looking for the IAC Busses as Outputs (that would have been logical I thought) but they are not there.
You should definitely see the IAC busses in Numerology's MIDI output menus, and those are the ones you should use. Here's what you can do to help me diagnose anything that might be wrong:

- Quit all music apps.
- Start N4 standalone while holding the 'shift' key down -- click OK to confirm you want to start in debug mode.
- One N4 has started up, check to see if the IAC busses appear in the MIDI menus.
- If they do not show up, use "Contact Five12" in the Numerology menu to report a bug -- be sure to setup your name and email so I can track it.

- If the IAC busses do show up, quit N4, start Live, then start N4 again (again w/ shift key down) to get it up in ReWire mode. If no IAC busses there, use "Contact Five12" to report a bug.

The Numerology*RW MIDI outs are just for Cubase -- the only app I know of so far that supports MIDI from ReWire devices. -- Apologies for any confusion -- will update the manual to make that bit more clear.

Jim
Old 10-02-2016, 12:23 PM

works now - probably only needed a couple of restarts or something like that

will let you know if the CPU Problem occurs in rewire mode.

maybe helpful for your research:

No CPU spikes with Korg NanoKontrol 1. only with the 2nd generation.

Tags
ableton, cpu, numerology, usb, vst