Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 12-24-2017, 08:07 AM

Default Apple MainStage, rewire to Numerology ?

AnyBody using MainStage connected to Numerology ?

Can I rewire MainStage to Numerology and have the Numerology midi stuff sent to MainStage and in this situation, can I get the MainStage audio back to numerology ?

More, can I rewire DigitalPerformer 9 to MainStage and use Numerology as a plugin ?

More, is it possible to rewire both Numerology and MainStage to DigitalPerformer ?

Joyeux NoŽl everybody ;-)
Old 12-25-2017, 03:41 PM

Why would you need to use ReWire to use N4 sequences in MainStage? Just add the five12 AUMX MIDI plugin to your channel strip, retrieve or create a sequence and hit Play. Your N4 sequence will play the chosen instrument on that strip.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spride View Post
Why would you need to use ReWire to use N4 sequences in MainStage? Just add the five12 AUMX MIDI plugin to your channel strip, retrieve or create a sequence and hit Play. Your N4 sequence will play the chosen instrument on that strip.
If you read correctly my message, you will notice I am not planning to use MainStage alone with Numerology.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
AnyBody using MainStage connected to Numerology ?

Can I rewire MainStage to Numerology and have the Numerology midi stuff sent to MainStage and in this situation, can I get the MainStage audio back to numerology ?

More, can I rewire DigitalPerformer 9 to MainStage and use Numerology as a plugin ?

More, is it possible to rewire both Numerology and MainStage to DigitalPerformer ?
You can ReWire Numerology to either MainStage or DP, but not the other way around -- Numerology can run as a ReWire device, but the other two only run as ReWire 'Mixer' apps. In ReWire mode with those hosts, Numerology can stream audio to them, but you need to use an IAC bus to get MIDI to them. Numerology does not support audio input in ReWire mode.

Your best option if you want to work with all three together is to use good old MIDI clock to sync them (over an IAC bus) and either Soundflower, Jack or an external Audio Interface to route audio.

Jim