Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > File Exchange > Projects

Old 09-19-2010, 06:06 PM

Default Interactive aleatoric loop sequencer

Something I came up with while exploring Numerology's generative sequencing abilities ...

16 step memory loop fed by either random values or LFO output. The first time through, the loop is fully initialized from whatever source is selected by fader 5. The loop can be set to re-initialize every N iterations, with the iterations being set by fader 4 and enabled / disabled by button 2. Additionally, a section of the loop with a step number set by fader 1 and step length set by fader 2 can be set to insert new values from the random LFO. This can be set to happen every N loop iterations via fader 3, and enabled / disabled via button 2. Button 3 causes new random data to be introduced to the loop while selected. Faders 6 and 7 control the speed and waveform of the LFO. Fader 8 scales the range of the cv going into the output NoteGen. Additional comments among the modules provide some information on the implementation.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Genloop.zip (34.3 KB, 194 views)
Old 09-20-2010, 01:24 AM

Thanks a lot!

This is really interesting and musical. A lot to explore in this session. Impressive.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 AM

Thanks for having a look and the encouraging comment. This was largely a proof-of-concept thing, which is why it doesn't address velocity or do anything interesting with gates. Hopefully I'll have a more full-feature version before too long ... I'd really like to get variable loop lengths supported.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 AM

Just wanted to say, this project is really great. Thanks for uploading. You've really fed my imagination.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM

wow. I've only been using N3s, but this looks like a pristine reason to upgrade to pro. Really turns it into a programming environment with that added logic stuff. Great stuff.