Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 02-14-2015, 01:45 AM

Angry Dual LaunchPad Mini User - NOT HAPPY

There I was - happy using Numerology with my Push and bumbling around without using the manual but doing well. This year I made a resolution to buy no more gear. Life was good.

Then I thought it would be nice to play with Numerology when I was on my laptop away from the Push so I picked up a Launchpad Mini. It's just a tiny thing. Just an exception for my resolution.

Cute aren't they? So small but perfectly formed. Things of beauty. And oh wow - you have to remember a bit more without the visual queues of the Push so I'd better print out the Quick Reference Chart. Hmm - interesting - what's that? Oh - I'd better read the manual. Oh, I can do that ... and THAT .... AND THAT?

Oh wow - this is even more fun than I expected. But no - wait - I can have TWO LAUNCHPADS MINIS?? Really - no, I don't need two. That would be silly. I am NOT going to buy one. I am NOT. I'm just popping into this music shop to look at plectrums or something. And ... er ... this BOX? In my hand? Where did .. what ... oh look - I have two Launchpad Minis now

So now I'm sitting here - with the two launchpad Minis having ENORMOUS amounts of fun. And gosh - wouldn't it be nice to maybe have a little drum box for some hands on action - I could get a - hmmm - Volca Beats? That would go very well. But no no no - aaagh - Amazon made me do it!! So now my New Year resolution is clearly shattered. This is all Five12's fault - grrrrrrr !!!

Being serious - this stuff is amazing. If Jim lived in the UK I'd be nominating him for a Knighthood or something.

One tiny issue. The quick ref sheet doesn't mention the line four actions of the sequence control page (Generate, evolve etc). Assume they've been added fairly recently.

Surely, I am living the dream

Ian
Old 02-14-2015, 11:18 AM
Administrator

If it's any consolation, I have 2 original Launchpads, 2 Launchpad S's, and a mini (and a Push). I normally only use 2 Launchpads at a time, and find that to be enough -- though it may just be a space issue -- I keep a Minitaur, Tetra and small modular right near them…

I'll make a note to add the shortcuts to the cheat-sheet…

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-02-2015, 03:26 AM

What a great read I think everybody knows this feeling.. My bank account does...

I am thinking about joining the glorious world of numerology, but before I do this I have some questions regarding the setup with multiple Launchpad Minis

It looks like you are pretty happy about this?

Right now I am performing with 2 LP mini - one running "LP95" and One Running "Native Kontrol LPC" It is not very stable.. I think the main reason is, that they are interferring at some point because both are Scripts for Ableton.

In my set up I sequence
3 synths
1 Drum Rack

My Dream setup would inculde 4 LPmini all running Numerology (yeah another 300 Euro to spend hahahaha) Before I dig deep into Numerology I need to know if this is possible?

Cheers
Engyn

PS: Should I start a new thread for that maybe?
Old 03-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGYN View Post
My Dream setup would inculde 4 LPmini all running Numerology (yeah another 300 Euro to spend hahahaha) Before I dig deep into Numerology I need to know if this is possible?
Yes -- I've recently started using 3 Launchpads at a time regularly, though I've used as many as 5 and a Push at the same time when testing. Sometimes I see the LED's get behind and then jump a bit when updating, but it hasn't affected using them. You will need a good powered USB hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGYN View Post
PS: Should I start a new thread for that maybe?
Sure!

Cheers,
Jim