Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 08-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistletom View Post
Do the stacks retain mapping info when saved to the library or are mappings saved with Numerology project?
Sorry, missed this one...

Mappings are saved per-module, so the should load both from the stack library and module presets.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjromeo View Post
Hi guys, am wondering if there is any more news in this department. I am about to move over to iPad and am clearing out the Launchpads, so am very keen to hear if anything is happening.
Bless
Michael
After 3.1 is out, one of the things I'll be focusing on is an updated controller protocol that will include things like supporting multiple launchpads, and other grid controllers, and a new "faders/knobs/buttons" mapping style for non-grid controllers, both MIDI and OSC. My primary test controller for that new protocol is actually a TouchOSC template on the iPad.

When the iPad first came out, I thought "oh, this is the ultimate controller for everything", but now my thoughts are more along the lines of mixing & matching controllers -- there's something about the tactile feel and muscle-memory of a physical controller that makes it uniquely satisfying, but then the LCD graphics of an iOS device are incredibly useful also. I plan to be using both.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM

Interesting to read your thoughts on the iPad. I recently landed one of the new Faderfox LV3 and like it very much. Have been using two older Faderfox modules for four years. OSC and wireless is cool but when performing it means a lot for me not having to monitor a screen too much (i.e. being quite fond of physical tactile controllers).
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
Interesting to read your thoughts on the iPad. I recently landed one of the new Faderfox LV3 and like it very much. Have been using two older Faderfox modules for four years. OSC and wireless is cool but when performing it means a lot for me not having to monitor a screen too much (i.e. being quite fond of physical tactile controllers).
i havent an iPad but i've got an iPod touch 2g to have an first encounter with the touch interface.
For fine tuning i continue to prefer my old and not fashion BCR2000 but i've found that the iPod , for me, is really an expressive tool for tweaking parameter when i perform live
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 AM

Default Launchpad, but from my iPad

Really what I want is a wireless Launchpad working with something like TouchOSC (actually, liking "MIDI Touch" app lately -- lets you design templates on the iPad [plusses and minuses to that], but more important will send things like pitch bend).

Basically, I want to use my Launchpad with Numerology, but from across the room. Because I'm a lazy bastard.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 PM

I used to use numerology some years ago but gave it up with the computer. On recently getting an iPad I am on the hunt for the ideal iPad sequencer and Numerology came straight to mind. I couldn't think of a better solution without au's as has been mentioned would be perfect.

Maybe one day Jim?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by We88 View Post
Maybe one day Jim?
Quite possibly, but I don't announce new products ahead of time anymore as it is too hard to estimate delivery dates accurately.

Cheers,
Jim