Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 03-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
Sounds amazing, but any hint how long we have to wait for that? Or before that, would it perhaps be possible to just have midi control for exit loop button? This is a great little button but (on stage) it's very difficult to use cause you have to press it with mouse.
On the full mixer remote, it's hard to say, but my current best guess is the end of this month.. On a workaround, ask me again next week. I need to check something with the GroupIn module, possibly I can sneak in a trick or two...

Jim
Old 03-22-2014, 05:02 AM

Hi,

Any news about this workaround (for MIDI control for exit loop button?

Cheers,
Pekka
Old 03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi,

Any news about this workaround (for MIDI control for exit loop button?

Cheers,
Pekka
The next build will have a fixed mapping for Program Change 127 on the "MIDI Remote" input for the StackIn modules -- send that prog change to that input and it will trigger 'exit loop'.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-25-2014, 03:01 AM

Hmmm, I was hoping to have a chance to trigger this button with either one of my pedal (Nord triple piano pedal sending continuos CCs) or some Note on message from my keyboard.

Maybe it's still possible make it that way, or is it?

Ok, at least we need to first wait for this new build

Thx
Pekka
Old 03-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hmmm, I was hoping to have a chance to trigger this button with either one of my pedal (Nord triple piano pedal sending continuos CCs) or some Note on message from my keyboard.
How about either CC 127 or NoteNum 127?

Jim
Old 03-26-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
How about either CC 127 or NoteNum 127?

Jim
I am not sure that CC 127 or NoteNum 127 would be any better, because in my gig setup I haven't got a MIDI controller which I can make send any special CCs or Note messages. My main keyboard is 76-keys Nord Stage and I've been thinking to put exit loop to its highest/lowest key (sorry I can't say exact note numbers now) or to this unused pedal. This Nord sends what it sends and I can't make much for adjusting it you know...

So it's not possible to put normal MIDI learn to this button at the moment? If it's be possible (some day) could it be triggered with continuous pedal (sending row of values)? In this latter case it might be wise to wait for any value from this CC, right?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Administrator

That particular control is not a module parameter, so there's no facility to do a direct MIDI learn on it. The proper solution will be in what I call the 'Mixer Controller' setup -- which will have easy mappings for all the useful stack-level controls. But it isn't ready yet, and will probably not be for a while yet.

However, I think there may be a workaround for your case. There is this thing called the miditranslator (http://www.bome.com/products/miditra...r/overview/osx), you should be able to use it to remap from whatever you want on the controller side, to a prog change on the Numerology side.

Jim
Old 03-27-2014, 05:02 PM

Hi Jim!

First, thanks for update! Things really move fast forward.

I already downloaded a demo of Midi Translator app and - even with my limited MIDI programmer skills - I could make it work exactly like you suggested: Now my Nord pedal is sending its CCs and Midi Translator translates this to program change #127 and this goes to MIDI remote input. Seem to work very well… (Ok well, I have to purchase the app if I wanna really use it)

Onlly thing to mention is that this just puts it on. But if you make a mistake and want to cancel your ExLp you have to do it with mouse now. Compare: with mouse you can click it on and off. So IMO it would be more useful if you could MIDI-control it same way…

Anyway a big thx for help!
Pekka

Last edited by PLaine; 03-27-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:01 AM

Hi Jim!

Any news for 'Mixer Controller Setup'? Any hint when we might get that great update?

Cheers,
P
Old 09-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Hopefully the 'first pass' on it this week -- it will have vol/pan/mute/solo and navigation to handle up to 16 tracks... Will add the other controls shortly thereafter.

Jim