Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 10-14-2009, 06:29 PM

Default Setting Midi input channels per stack and other external sequencer questions.

I'm evaluating Numerology right now and I'm having the toughest time trying to figure this one out. How do I record only one midi channel of an interface in a stack?

I'm using an external sequencer (gasp!) I'd like to supplement it with numerology. I'm using Genoqs Nemo, it's beautiful and intuitive - however I'd like to have more tracks running than just the nemo tracks. I've been using my RS7k to do that, but I like the look and feel of Num2.

There are a couple of things I'd like to do:

Bounce my nemo sequences to Num, and bounce them back again to the Nemo. I'm having a problem with this:

Midi Channels - I can't find a way to limit what channels are filtered into a stack... how do I do this? I can understand why I'd want to have more than one midi channel entering a stack, but I can't find an option to just limit it to one midi channel - only the whole midi interface.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:21 AM

Try the Notefilter in the Midi processing section, here you can set the inpubt midi channel and the output midi channel.

Hope this help.
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 10-15-2009, 07:12 AM

Thumbs up

Ah, there we are... I was confuzzeled because the default stack setup put the notefilter at the bottom, so I thought it could only do notes out of a stack. This will work nicely, thanks for the lesson amsonx.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Administrator

I'll make a note to to add a "channel" menu to the MIDI input part of the Stack In module....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-18-2009, 06:10 PM

Can you also put it on the output of the stack? That would be very useful for me.

Thanks!
Michael...
Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Will do....

Cheers,
Jim

Tags
bounce, channel, external sequncer, midi