Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Default feature request + a bug

i wish that modulating "Inverse" was a literal value rather than modulating a trigger. Meaning, if sending 0, it's normal and when sending 1, it is inverted. As it is now, if you are trying to sequence an inversion, if you stop the transport after it inverts, when you restart it will start inverted rather than how it originally was at 1:1 (since in the cv sequencer, it would begin with 0, not causing an inversion of the inversion. does that make sense?

also a quick bug: if you are modulating a parameter with the modulation seq, and then decide to change the target module it is modulating (but wish to modulate the same target parameter), the modulation is not fully "hooked up" until you open the target param popup and reselect the same parameter.

cheers
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupler View Post
i wish that modulating "Inverse" was a literal value rather than modulating a trigger. Meaning, if sending 0, it's normal and when sending 1, it is inverted. As it is now, if you are trying to sequence an inversion, if you stop the transport after it inverts, when you restart it will start inverted rather than how it originally was at 1:1 (since in the cv sequencer, it would begin with 0, not causing an inversion of the inversion. does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense! There is a work around I'm sure... Sometimes a binary op can achieve an absolute value so that 0 will alway trigger a new invert status, in a sense a toggle.

To achieve toggle behaviour:

The output of the trigger goes into paramod slot one, destination mono note, parameter invert.

The output of the trigger also goes into a Binary op Input A, Input B value is set to 0 Operator is set to "Equal"
The output of the Binary op goes into parmod slot two, destination mono note parameter invert.

I was thinking you could also try this with a button box set to radio modus.. Then route 2 buttons each to it's own slot in a paramod. This way button one stands for "uninverted" button two for inverted.

Quote:

also a quick bug: if you are modulating a parameter with the modulation seq, and then decide to change the target module it is modulating (but wish to modulate the same target parameter), the modulation is not fully "hooked up" until you open the target param popup and reselect the same parameter.

cheers
That is something that I noticed too and is one of the vexing niggles right now in Numerology. Perhaps Numerology 4 which is on it's way will sort these pesky problems out. Where the interface shows a value in the paramod destination pane that though correct isn't active until it is deselected then reselected. This also goes for the otherwise handy feature "Copy value to all presets" When you right click on any parameter value in the sequencers..

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 01-29-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'll consider it -- several items (generate/evolve) that were thought of as 'events' are under consideration to be remapped as 'virtual parameters' so that they are easier to control remotely.

Quote:
That would be an enhancement... i.e. I'd have to make it smarter to know that the new module has the same param ID and it should "auto-hookup" ... will put on the list...

Cheers,
Jim