Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 01-17-2011, 08:36 AM

Default Mute tracks in DrumSeq w/ Launchpad?

Is there a way to mute individual tracks in DrumSeq using the launchpad? I didn't see anything in docs referencing it.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:41 PM

Default Mute tracks? Nope

Sorry as yet there's no individual track muting in Numerologies Launchpad implementation of the Drumseq. Grab the ol mouse or if you have another controller with toggle mode button control like a novation nocturn you could set those up to mute the Drumsequencers individual tracks or even a midi keyboard should be able to do it. Hey thanks for the idea!! Right now I've got a Drumseq set-up with two Gate sequencers routed into parameter modulation modules doing auto muting of four tracks each of an 8 track sequencer. Track muting is extremely useful in the Drumsequencer for sure which ever way your trying to go about it.

To assign the buttons to mute the tracks make sure they are in toggle mode and assigned to individual CC numbers for example track/button 1 CC 71 track/button 2 CC72 Tr/bt 3 CC 73 etc. then make sure you've chosen your midi controller input port on the midi in drop down on the stack, then right click(cltr click) on the track mute button to enable midi learn, follow this by engaging the button you want to use for the track then your set....

Good luck, and enjoy your new set-up

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 01-24-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the reply. I do have another midi controller, so I may try set it up that way. Maybe map the first 8 white keys as mutes. I would really like to keep it on the launchpad or on another controller without going to the computer. Once I have my stacks set up I don't even look at my macbook. It really has that hardware sequencer feel plus some.

This would be a very helpful addition. I'm not sure exactly how it would be implemented on the launchpad, but it would rock. I'm at work right now, but if there's an unused button vertically on the drumseq, that would probably be an ideal place.

For now, I've been making extra presets with different parts muted, but a mute for each drum would make things that much more "live".
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 PM

Default Get to work on your setup!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase ghost View Post
Thanks for the reply. I do have another midi controller, so I may try set it up that way. Maybe map the first 8 white keys as mutes. I would really like to keep it on the launchpad or on another controller without going to the computer. Once I have my stacks set up I don't even look at my macbook. It really has that hardware sequencer feel plus some.

This would be a very helpful addition. I'm not sure exactly how it would be implemented on the launchpad, but it would rock. I'm at work right now, but if there's an unused button vertically on the drumseq, that would probably be an ideal place.

For now, I've been making extra presets with different parts muted, but a mute for each drum would make things that much more "live".
The sooner you get it setup the way you want the sooner you're going to get productive..

Thanks to your thread here I've got my Novation Nocturn setup to mute the Drumseqs individual tracks now, there's eight buttons second row from the bottom that can be programmed to send toggle/step or momentary. It works great although they don't reflect a changed status if I change mutes on the computer Gui with the mouse, but I can live with that. It's a welcome added functionality to the setup.

Maybe that's a solution to get a small controller with buttons or switches that can be mounted on a small frame together with the Launchpad. Novation has come out with a DJ controller that could fit nicely...

As far as using a single button on the launchpad to mute one of the various 8 tracks of the Drumseq, I don't really see how that could be as elegantly implemented as having a row of 8 buttons to mute the various tracks. Perhaps if you held one button down like the presently unused future "play" button (rightmost side second from top) and then press the first active note of the track, you could then get your mute function. It's just that this solution isn't useful for muting 3 tracks simultaneously that are spaced like 1-5-7 as they would be on different pages.. nope a dedicated sidecar controller for the deeper funcions of the sequencer modules to my thinking makes more sense and can be implemented by each user to fit his own needs and setup...

I've been working on getting controller access to more and more of the Numerology world.

The Novation Nocturn

The Waldorf Blofeld keyboard, mod wheels pitchbend, aftertouch and of course note ons and velocity. The knobs send sysex but I haven't worked out how to use that yet it's possible I'm sure.

I have an old MTPII that has four knobs that can send midi CC and two footpedal inputs, there's a mini joystick on the Wavestation AD and an additional pair of assignable pedal inputs, The Ensoniq DP4 has a CV input and a stereo footswitch input so with my gear as it is I have

8 buttons,
Sixteen encorders
1 mini joystick
5 expression pedals(need to buy three coming soon)
1 stereo footswitch (need to buy)
4 mono footswitches, from 2 keyboards and one Drumpad master controller
16 pad trigger inputs, six pads on line, will get a bass drum trigger when I get some extra dough.
apple magic trackpad, for yous for the XY CV generators

Finally I'm getting the NI Maschine which is overly laden with buttons pads and encoders...

With this battery of controllers I will take control or go mad mad mad!!!!

No seriously controllers are everywhere it's the lack of arms that seem to be the problem!!!

I think I need a wind controller and that guitar controller looks nice....

Don't forget to let some of Numerologies Lfo's, modulation sequencers, envelope generators and gates do the knob twistin for ya..

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 01-25-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase ghost View Post
The plan is to put them on the "seq ctl" page -- there's plenty of un-used space there. There's a very good chance I'll be able to get that in for 3.1...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 AM

Default Track muting continued..

Great to hear that track muting is coming in a future update. On the sequence control page for the Drumseq is definetly a great idea.. Hmm there'r five unused rows under sequence control of the the drum sequencer, lots of room to expand functionality there..

Regards

Wade
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
The plan is to put them on the "seq ctl" page -- there's plenty of un-used space there. There's a very good chance I'll be able to get that in for 3.1...

Cheers,
Jim
That's a perfect place for them. Can't wait!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
Great to hear that track muting is coming in a future update. On the sequence control page for the Drumseq is definetly a great idea.. Hmm there'r five unused rows under sequence control of the the drum sequencer, lots of room to expand functionality there..
Indeed... for instance, 'Generate' and 'Evolve' would fit as well...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-27-2011, 06:00 AM

The awesomeness never ends with this program.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Indeed... for instance, 'Generate' and 'Evolve' would fit as well...

Cheers,
Jim
Just bought the launchpad and am loving the integration with Numerology!!! Great implementation and very intuitive setup! Generate/Evolve and drum mutes would be superb!