Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum


Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-12-2015, 08:26 PM
jim jim is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 4,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
With that functionality implemented I would like to also have an option for the opposite - because that's how I work with concert performance setups. If I fool around and make stuff up during a concert and then close the app without saving I'd like to be sure that the session opens up next time with no traces of whatever was going on at the last gig. All empty Gate Sequencers and everything else exactly the way I once have designed and saved it for a starting point.

One idea to meet user's varying needs could be to implement the preferences option to have Numerology start with a user template. Then we could set up different templates for different types of sessions. In the File Menu there could be also a "Save As Template" option that saves a copy somewhere inside the Mac OS user system folder.
Templates are on my list somewhere, I would like to have it as well…

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-31-2016, 04:27 PM
PLaine PLaine is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 79
Default

Hi all,

This is just a small reminder that I am still waiting patiently for GUI optimizing features...

I've also spoken about special LIVE MODE where everything you see on the screen would be user's choise.

Thx,
P
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-01-2016, 07:01 PM
jim jim is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 4,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
Hi all,
This is just a small reminder that I am still waiting patiently for GUI optimizing features...
I know, it is still in the pipe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
I've also spoken about special LIVE MODE where everything you see on the screen would be user's choise.
That's a bit trickier. Can you tell me what you would want to see? I may have some alternative suggestions...

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-03-2016, 04:39 PM
PLaine PLaine is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 79
Default

What I'd like to see on the screen is usually quite limited amount of information but it depends on a project.

At the moment, on stage I use Numerology mainly for controlling my external synths. In first case I use it as set list: a preset will send program changes to my four synths and if needed, it can also send midi sync / click track in preset related tempo. In this case I don't basically need to see anything more than just list of presets and transport buttons and preferably some indication of clock.

Other use (on stage) is to send some sequences so my synth rig and in these projects I might want to see presets and for example also mononote sequence running.

I know it's probably difficult to program all the possible options for users to choose. At the moment I'd really welcome to just have the this: see the presets with bigger fonts, more space to left and maybe with two or more rows (=no need to scroll down to get further) and the most basic controls like transport. Maybe this could be "the LIVE MODE"?

Of course we'd need also to take care of different stacks (which all have own presets). Maybe you could choose a) multiple stack view: stack A,B,C... presets side by side (preset rows representing stacks) or b) single stack view: only one stack's presets are shown (with pages to choose which stack is seen, like it is now). This could use all screen width to have everything there and no need to scroll.

What do think? Is this perhaps possible?

Last edited by PLaine; 02-04-2016 at 02:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Sifaka Sifaka is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
What I'd like to see on the screen is usually quite limited amount of information but it depends on a project.

At the moment, on stage I use Numerology mainly for controlling my external synths. In first case I use it as set list: a preset will send program changes to my four synths and if needed, it can also send midi sync / click track in preset related tempo. In this case I don't basically need to see anything more than just list of presets and transport buttons and preferably some indication of clock.

Other use (on stage) is to send some sequences so my synth rig and in these projects I might want to see presets and for example also mononote sequence running.

I know it's probably difficult to program all the possible options for users to choose. At the moment I'd really welcome to just have the this: see the presets with bigger fonts, more space to left and maybe with two or more rows (=no need to scroll down to get further) and the most basic controls like transport. Maybe this could be "the LIVE MODE"?

Of course we'd need also to take care of different stacks (which all have own presets). Maybe you could choose a) multiple stack view: stack A,B,C... presets side by side (preset rows representing stacks) or b) single stack view: only one stack's presets are shown (with pages to choose which stack is seen, like it is now). This could use all screen width to have everything there and no need to scroll.

What do think? Is this perhaps possible?
I was just thinking about this, as I'm using Numerology pretty extensive lately, still searching for a good way to set things up, but always run out of 'views'.
One thing I really liked when using Logic, is setting the screenset to my right numeric keyboard.
Literally flew through the program.

Last edited by Sifaka; 06-18-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-18-2017, 04:55 PM
PLaine PLaine is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 79
Default

Hi,

Now when N5 is a hot topic I wanna repeat my main wish: customizable GUI (for just playing vs. editing) or 'custom panel' or perhaps LIVE mode. Whatever you call it, just more options to choose what you see and control on the screen. In my case, there's often unneeded stuff on the screen, fonts are small to read and also space which is not used at all...

thx,
P
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-19-2017, 02:36 PM
nreeves nreeves is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland
Posts: 47
Default

My ideal:

Global:
- switch to a tabbed tear+dock/float system akin to Adobe CC apps
- make Clock, Stacks, Browser, Presets, Rack, Timeline, and Mixer individual tabs so they can be either grouped or viewed concurrently
- allow individual stacks to be docked/floated (viewed concurrently)
- add hotkey-able Workspaces akin to Adobe CC apps (e.g. window presets)

Stacks:
- implement a "Shy" show/hide system (akin to After Effects) in module headers (position on the right-side, global toggle top-right next to expand/collapse buttons)
For those not familiar > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-rP7CCOWOQ (facilitates easy management of need-to-see modules)
- hotkey for Shy on/off
- hotkeys for [Expand All Modules] and [Collapse All Modules] buttons
- enable module Reorder via click-dragging the header (broad-stroke movement, would benefit from a larger target)
- right-click module header for Settings context menu (e.g. "Gear" menu)
- double-click module header to expand/collapse it

Cheers,
Nate

Last edited by nreeves; 08-19-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.