Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Numerology Techniques

Old 12-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology Techniques #4 : Drum Programming

The newest video installment shows how to perform some really twisted drum programming, courtesy of parameter modulation....

http://five12.com/t4.html

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-29-2008, 01:47 AM

Looks like fun... Now I just have to hook it up to my newly midi-modded tr-808!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 AM

These videos are awesome! I especially like that the written introductions include references to interesting artists and traditional compositional techniques. There's a great educational value even for people that do not (yet) use Numerology. Very well done!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
These videos are awesome! I especially like that the written introductions include references to interesting artists and traditional compositional techniques. There's a great educational value even for people that do not (yet) use Numerology. Very well done!
I totally agree with you!

Great job Jim and keep'em coming
Old 12-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Thanks!

Next up is more on param mod (already recorded), then I'll start a new set, will have the list up soon...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Thanks!

Next up is more on param mod (already recorded), then I'll start a new set, will have the list up soon...

Cheers,
Jim
are there any more floating around or am i overlooking them...id like to see a chord seq tutorial
Old 04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by resist View Post
are there any more floating around or am i overlooking them...id like to see a chord seq tutorial
The latest ones include Volta, SilentWay and the Launchpad:
http://www.five12.com/t.html

I'm starting to collect notes for the next batch....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-25-2010, 09:32 PM
andywily889

Videos are great to see! Especially like written introductions with references to interesting artists and traditional techniques. This is a great educational value even for people that do not know about how to use Numerology.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 PM

Default Drum Programming within N3

What is the best way to run a 1 measure (or any measure) loops in N3? I'm loading a drum or bass loop into drum kit at present. Normally, in the midi environment, I would just start it at the the beginning of the sequence and have the note held until the end of the measure, and then retrigger it as needed. Do I use the Gate? Right now I have the loops doubling, and tripling, on and one into a mess. Do I use some sort of Choke function?

HELP!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Zai View Post
What is the best way to run a 1 measure (or any measure) loops in N3? I'm loading a drum or bass loop into drum kit at present. Normally, in the midi environment, I would just start it at the the beginning of the sequence and have the note held until the end of the measure, and then retrigger it as needed. Do I use the Gate? Right now I have the loops doubling, and tripling, on and one into a mess. Do I use some sort of Choke function?

HELP!!!
You'll need to send it a trigger equal to the loops length from a Drumseq or you could also use a gate sequencer but then you lose the possibility to adjust volume through velocity. You'll need to match Numerologies transport to the loops original timing. Then for a loop lasting one bar just trigger the sample once each whole note. you should also turn loop off for the sample to aid sync.

If you want to do flextime and force a sample to match a tempo other than the orignal you could try playing it at a different pitches, but this would be fiddily. Then it would be better to play looped samples from a sample player that has this flex function implemented. The free UVI workstation player does this. I think the Drumkit as it is implemented now is not a loop player it's more just a oneshot player. With a little tweeking it could work out, but it's not really the right tool for the job.

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-20-2012 at 02:05 AM.