Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > File Exchange > DrumKits, Samplers & Other Modules

Old 02-19-2012, 07:42 PM

Default Drum Kit Module: Questions?

Are there any sonic limitations for Numerology's Drum Kit module, which is inside the Audio Synths toggle? For example, if I load a 24bit 48k sample, will the audio quality remain or be reduced in any way?

The Drum Kit module defaults to 8 individual instruments, can I add or subtract these sub-modular instruments?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:57 PM

Default Error!

When I try to import drum kit module (s.nmod) there is an error message and the kits are not loaded. :-0
Old 02-20-2012, 02:37 AM

I'm a poweruser of the Drumkit module, because I spent quite a lot of time tweaking it to get my wavetable instrument to work. I loaded and saved my drum kit modules all the time without problems.

The drumkits are placed: /Users/You/Library/Application Support/Five12/Numerology/ModulePresets

The Drumkit module are named .nmod and the accompanying folder of sample are placed in the same folder when you save your module settings. If you have made a project on one computer and moved to another computer you can foul up the process if you haven't chosen to check the box on save "include samples" used in project. If this is done the Sample are added into a subfolder in the media folder of the project named "Samples".

Hope this helps...

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-20-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Zai View Post
Are there any sonic limitations for Numerology's Drum Kit module, which is inside the Audio Synths toggle? For example, if I load a 24bit 48k sample, will the audio quality remain or be reduced in any way?

The Drum Kit module defaults to 8 individual instruments, can I add or subtract these sub-modular instruments?
Not noted any auto bit reduction, you can check your sample folder in the presets location above to see if they have been bit reduced. I checked my sample folder and there are the 30bit architecture samples.

Regards

Wade
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM

Wade,
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded some of the .nmod kit with accompanying sample from this thread. When I try to launch them it will not launch N3. When I try to import them I get an error message. I will try creating my own and see what happens. Do these files have to be in the location you listed above or can I create my own folder . . . let's say on the desktop?
Tommy
Old 02-20-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Wade,
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded some of the .nmod kit with accompanying sample from this thread. When I try to launch them it will not launch N3. When I try to import them I get an error message. I will try creating my own and see what happens. Do these files have to be in the location you listed above or can I create my own folder . . . let's say on the desktop?
Tommy
I seem to recall those drumkit modules are from the olden days of Numerology 2. Don't work.

The files have to be in the location stated. Though if you want you could make an alias to the samples folder i believe, The .nmod file has to be in the location stated above though.

It works fine for me, and I'm sure you'll get the things to load for you as well.

The Drumkit is always 8 slots, there's no variabiilty. though it could be an idea, for me I don't mind the limitation.

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-20-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:33 PM

Wade,
Do you prefer using Drum Kit in N3 over UVI Workstation or other sample players? I'm trying to simplify things. I like the idea of Drum Kit, but after I create my stacks and relocate production to Studio One I have to reload the samples from Drum Kit into something else like S.O.'s Impact.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Tzai
Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM

It seems like double work to have to load sample's you work with in Numerologies sampler into another sampler at another stage in the workflow. I'd just load them in a sampler that can be used both places to save time. But is there something in your workflow that would make so you could complete the track within Numerology and just end up with a "stem" mixdown to be opened as an audio track in Studio One?

UVI is free, and apparently the only free sampler that allows you to load your own samples, and the flex time is it's main attraction in this connection

Give it a try..

I use mostly synths so I'm not deeply into sample players, but I have the Maschine which if I'm going to work with sample one shots extensively I'll use that. If I'm going to use loops then at present the only sampler that I have that has Flex time is the UVI.

Hope this helps

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-20-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:44 PM

Thanks Wade. I might have to bite the bullet and use my old copy of Kontakt. I had Battery3, but sold it. I like Impact, which is in Studio One, but that doesn't help me create patterns in Numerology. I want to avoid double-work for sure. It's all about streamlining and making the creative process unhindered as much as possible.

Last edited by Tommy Zai; 02-22-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I like the idea of Drum Kit, but after I create my stacks and relocate production to Studio One I have to reload the samples from Drum Kit into something else like S.O.'s Impact.
FYI: You can always to do this:
- Run your drum parts in 2 stacks: one w/ the sequencer, one with the DrumKit, where the DrumKit is all tweaked to your liking.
-Whenever you want to run those drum sounds in StudioOne, export the stack from Numerology, then import it into the NumerologyVST in StudioOne.

i.e. just treat the N3 VST running the DrumKit as another instrument plugin, no sequencing...

Also, just to clear things up in this area: Both the DrumKit and the AudioSample expand all audio files internally to 32 bit floats -- roughly equivalent to 24-bit AIFF in resolution. The sample rate is not converted on load, but the sampler engine tweaks the playback pitch to compensate.

Cheers,
Jim